Happy Christmas or something (2019)

lapal_fan

Had a traumatic Christmas experience. It all happened when my Mom was dishing up and she said the words all sons fear on Christmas Day...

Spoiler

"Son, I've forgot the pigs in blankets"

I may have blacked out with shock. What a devastating thing to hear on the celebration of baby Jesus's birthday. However, I had to get through dinner and did so with a steely jaw and stiff upper lip which was so prevalent in our great nations victories over the Hun in days of yore. My father's display of mental fortitude and stoicism was heartening as well. True Dunkirk spirit when it was needed most. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Had a traumatic Christmas experience. It all happened when my Mom was dishing up and she said the words all sons fear on Christmas Day...

Hide contents

I may have blacked out with shock. What a devastating thing to hear on the celebration of baby Jesus's birthday. However, I had to get through dinner and did so with a steely jaw and stiff upper lip which was so prevalent in our great nations victories over the Hun in days of yore. My father's display of mental fortitude and stoicism was heartening as well. True Dunkirk spirit when it was needed most. 

Thoughts and prayers. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Hide contents

Well to make you feel better, we’ve had the opposite.

Two guests bailed after the pigs in blankets had been calculated and were cooking. So we’ve got loads.

Already planning an East Stand cold meats buffet at the local footy tomorrow.

• Like 1

Christmas day was pretty horrific over all. All thanks to sister-in-laws son who came to dinner with sister in law (obviously), brother in law and mother/father in law. 
Everyone else generally ok, food was great. But 6 hours hours of this lad being an absolute pain in the arse, extremely loud and being bollocked every 30 seconds just wore me down.

My kids had to pretty much have all of their new stuff locked away for safe keeping which was really rubbish.

Today will be much better. Just the 4 of us, and a nice Boxing Day buffet to get stuck into. Slouching around in new PJ’s all day. Beer. Football. Food. Heaven.

Might stick £10 on Norwich win to cover off some of that inevitable disappointment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Christmas day was pretty horrific over all. All thanks to sister-in-laws son who came to dinner with sister in law (obviously), brother in law and mother/father in law. 
Everyone else generally ok, food was great. But 6 hours hours of this lad being an absolute pain in the arse, extremely loud and being bollocked every 30 seconds just wore me down

Oh dear. How old is he? 

I guess thats the last time they come around for Christmas dinner! 

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

Oh dear. How old is he? 

I guess thats the last time they come around for Christmas dinner! 

We had a bit of a dry run on Father’s Day and it was much better. A combination of Christmas excitement, and a longer day caused the perfect storm. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

We had a bit of a dry run on Father’s Day and it was much better. A combination of Christmas excitement, and a longer day caused the perfect storm. 

punch him in the face, only to say "you know why !", whilst pointing at him.

He'll thank you for it in later life 😂

Â