January Transfers 2019/20

sne

18 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Would Man Yoo count Jude Bellingham as a signing if they got him from Small Heath for £20m? Would he start for them? Probably not but they’d be looking to prepare him for the first team squad. If Barry is as good as he’s reputed to be, then he’s old enough to be gradually blooded in and around the first team. For that reason, I count him as a proper signing. 

He's 16. Personally I think peeps are getting carried away. I guess we'll see in time. It would be nice to have a wonderkid coming through (another one).

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If Barry is already better than Vassilev I'd have him on the bench right now.

Vassilev is a makeshift striker so even though he's phyically more developed, I'd be amazed if Barry wasnt a better option. 

• Like 4

Just now, Rolta said:

He's 16. I think peeps are getting carried away.

Rooney was 16 when he came through. You're right to advise caution, and if we get another senior striker in, it makes it less likely, but its not unheard of.

• Like 1

Reported that Brentford have had a £5m bid rejected for Folarin Balogun, 18 year old Arsenal striker.  We should just bid for this dude, otherwise we'll probably be drooling over him in 3-4 years but expecting to pay the £30mill.  Could do with more striker options for our under 23 squad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Would being physically more developed not be critical when he'd be playing against loads of men?

It depends on the trade off in terms off superior movement, skill, finishing etc.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Rooney was 16 when he came through. You're right to advise caution, and if we get another senior striker in, it makes it less likely, but its not unheard of.

Rooney was a bit of a beast at 16 though. But still, I agree that Barry's size shouldn't deter us from putting him in the squad.

11 minutes ago, supermon said:

Reported that Brentford have had a £5m bid rejected for Folarin Balogun, 18 year old Arsenal striker.  We should just bid for this dude, otherwise we'll probably be drooling over him in 3-4 years but expecting to pay the £30mill.  Could do with more striker options for our under 23 squad

Based on previous we should try to sign anyone Brentford is interested in, Hogan withstanding

31 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Jimmy Milner as well - played his first one-two off the moon that game. 

Edit: Young Bazza already got his first goal against Cardiff for the under-23’s, which suggests he can mix it with the grown ups.

Edited by Awol
  • Like 1

Initial reports said that Louie was going to go straight into the U23 team and train with the first team squad, with the possibility of him making his first team debut before the end of the season. I think he's signing in the sense that we've signed him and paid money for him, but when Smith speaks of needing a certain number of players, I don't think he's including Barry in those numbers, that will just be players who are going to come straight into the first team match day squads. Also as far as I'm aware there are no limitations on what you spend on the academy side of things, so don't think that Barry's fee will affect our FFP situation.

• Like 1