January Transfers 2019/20

sne

4 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I have never been convinced by Taylor. He was for the most part poor in the championship, so how people think he is good enough for the premier league is beyond me. 

He needs replacing. However I do believe this window that isn't anywhere near a priority.

To be honest I am concerned about Targett too. One on one he is poor, he also lacks pace, and for me pace is essential for a modern fullback. Generally he seems to lack the athleticism needed to play fullback at the highest level. Going forward he is very good his left foot is very good, shooting, crossing, passing and touch are all good on the left peg.

I actually think Targett can become very, very good. His technical attributes are outstanding, and his physical attributes underrated IMO.

Might be old news on here but if Inter sign Llorente then Giroud deal falls through.

Giroud was reportedly open to talks with Newcastle earlier, but declined a move to Villa.

With us 5 points off Newcastle and in a semi-final, he might be persuaded to come here.

Hull manager saying that Bowen might leave this month if they can't agree a new contract with him. They will have a choice of either accepting around £20m for him now, or losing him for a lot less in the summer when he will only have a year left on his contract. Newcastle and Leicester seem to be the teams being talked about though rather than us.

22 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Good business to sell him this window? So if Targett got injured, who would play LWB?

We could either a] purchase another LB, of which there are several possibilities that @Villan4Life has mentioned in this thread, or b] play either Hause or Mings there. Neither would offer much in an attacking sense of course, but then again neither does Taylor. 

If we felt able to sell Kodjia when he was our only fit striker, we can sell our backup left back who we are likely to be loaning out for the final year of his contract otherwise. 

EDIT: Or c], we could play Elmo on the right and Guilbert on the left, which would still be better than Taylor getting more minutes. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Hull manager saying that Bowen might leave this month if they can't agree a new contract with him. They will have a choice of either accepting around £20m for him now, or losing him for a lot less in the summer when he will only have a year left on his contract. Newcastle and Leicester seem to be the teams being talked about though rather than us.

There's more chance of me signing a contract with Hull than Jarrod Bowen.

If he ain't off soon, he's off in the next 18 months for sure.

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Might be old news on here but if Inter sign Llorente then Giroud deal falls through.

Giroud was reportedly open to talks with Newcastle earlier, but declined a move to Villa.

With us 5 points off Newcastle and in a semi-final, he might be persuaded to come here.

I don’t think he comes across as a nice character, I wouldn’t want him here for that reason alone. I’m not saying that he’s not a good player, he’s been there and done for top clubs and internationally too. For example, I’d take Glenn Murray over him 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I thought Bowen was out of contract in the Summer?

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought Bowen was out of contract in the Summer?

How many times have i said on this thread SGC??

Hull have option of extending it by one year for which they are going to do!! That's how football clubs work they put in contracts (+ with option of another year)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jarrod-bowen/profil/spieler/314875

Read: Contract option:    Option for a further year

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think he comes across as a nice character, I wouldn’t want him here for that reason alone. I’m not saying that he’s not a good player, he’s been there and done for top clubs and internationally too. For example, I’d take Glenn Murray over him 

Giroud has always come across alright to me. Never hides either.

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

This is an absolute disgrace. A flukey last min win over watford via a deflection and all the transfer news has gone quiet!  like everything is rosey.....well its NOT!

We still need 3 more strikers. Only  calibre of Beneteke, Sturridge and Piatek.

People getting excited about semmater? like who?  How can anyone say this guy deserves to wear the sacred Villa shirt in the premier league, more than scott hogan and Jimmy Kodjia? you really think he can move to birmingham and hit the ground running? dreamworld!....

This is wesley MK2 crap touch, bad decisions, breathing out of his ring after 15, one solid tackle and he's rolling around screaming....  for the next 3 months whilst he "gets up to speed"  the belgium boys are laughing all the way to the bank having offloaded junk to us time and time again. I refuse to even acknowledge him unless he proves himself by scoring a hatrick on his debut. minimum.

I just can't understand the appeal of shopping in belgium, I bet deano gives it the big one about his no brand chinese phone that no ones heard of either!  "check out the goophone lads"

he must be taking a big brown envelope stuffed with francs from behind the radiator in the gents of the chorley services to keep scouting there, then moan about a process that has been in football since year dot. It's called completing a transfer.

This part made me laugh out loud on the train. Brilliant! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Comes across extremely professional, level headed and even modest in my experience.