January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently all the big Portuguese teams are after Medhi Teremi. He also apparently took a massive pay cut to join Rio Ave so has the right attitude and ambition. 

There has been nothing reported since the original Sky Sports story. I'd be happy enough with him if he is cheap enough and there to provide competition and cover for attacking positions.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

#annoucesomeone 

#announcepiatek 

Has any other PL club made more January signings than us and I'm sure we'll get a AM/Striker hybrid as backup at least. Piatek rumours were bogus I'm convinced and reportedly wants to stay and fight for his place

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Has any other PL club made more January signings than us and I'm sure we'll get a AM/Striker hybrid as backup at least. Piatek rumours were bogus I'm convinced and reportedly wants to stay and fight for his place

Piątek's dad spoke with papers today and apparently he has his eyes set on PL football, but if it doesn't happen he will fight for his place.

But he did openly speak about a transfer, so the guy is on the move.

15 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

No links, but would anyone take Lallana? Deal expires in 6 months..

Can't believe he's 31. Missed 38 games from 3 injuries last 2 seasons. Cracking player in his prime but if was a second hand car you wouldn't go near with that mileage 

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can't believe he's 31. Missed 38 games from 3 injuries last 2 seasons. Cracking player in his prime but if was a second hand car you wouldn't go near with that mileage 

Yeah, mileage isn't necessarily an indication of lack of quality or reliability, at least not with cars. But I was unaware he had an injury record, so no idea how significant they were.

I just thought with the way our midfield rotate and make runs beyond the forwards, combined with his skill-set of passes and close control, he'd be an asset on the ball.

He's been playing in Liverpool's system so it's not like he wouldn't know a thing or two about pressing and positioning to win it back, and he's been used by Klopp this season.

If we're looking at N'Zonzi for 3.5 million just for the loan, I can't imagine we'd be paying much more for Lallana for a permanent deal. Anyways, obviously not on.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Groin and hamstring twice. He's been out with groin injuries as long as I can remember

Ah, there's a 32% recurrence rate in groin injuries in AFL (Aussie football), I'm guessing not as prevalent but also an issue in the world game.

32 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Fingers crossed we will sign another striker very shortly. Plus a winger.

Have we ever signed 3 strikers in 1 window before?

Depends if you consider Brett Holman a striker but we signed him, Benteke and Bowery in the same window.

The next year we signed Helenius, Kozak and Grant Holt, though the latter was in a different window.

2016/17 we signed McCormack, Kodjia and Hogan in the same season, again Hogan in January though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I actually think Targett can become very, very good. His technical attributes are outstanding, and his physical attributes underrated IMO.

Experience will improve his defending. He is strong too, and has height. But it's not just pace, its agility and change of direction that is an issue. As a fullback he will be up against the trickiest, fastest and most nimble players on the pitch in a game where contact is fast becoming frowned upon and with almost every winger going down like they've been shot from the slightest touch, it's even harder.

So while I agree he has lot of room for improvement he is naturally disadvantaged.