January Transfers 2019/20

sne

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Might be one for the academy thread but...

Meant to be very highly rated, used to at Albion

Perhaps homesick and as we now have the old Head of Albions Academy we get a look in signing him back.

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Seems to score a fair few headed goals in his time, his movement and finishing seem to be good though - which are things we sorely miss from our front three. 

Sorry, should have said heading as in, build up play etc. I'm mega busy atm. 

I've moved the goalposts I know, but I watch Milan quite a bit and he has good movement in the box, and gets on the end of crosses etc. I just don't see him holding up play and bringing others into play as well as Wesley (was my point). 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nah, I'm calling you out on this.

You said that "for a lot of the time he was with us in his prime" that he was "shite".  That's utter, utter bollocks, irrespective of whether some people complained about certain aspects of his game.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. Usually when there's pages and pages of discussion around how poor he's been and should be dropped then it suggests he's not cutting it. I was a regular on here in that period and remember it well.

I guess a positive to going after him now could be that nowadays we have lower expectations that we had then?

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Sorry, should have said heading as in, build up play etc. I'm mega busy atm. 

I've moved the goalposts I know, but I watch Milan quite a bit and he has good movement in the box, and gets on the end of crosses etc. I just don't see him holding up play and bringing others into play as well as Wesley (was my point). 

Well that's fine then because Wesley was really bad at that too. 

2 hours ago, Villastine said:

Lampard shipped him out on loan the minute he got the job despite Chelsea being under a transfer embargo. 

High praise indeed 

Was his attitude, not his football ability.

On 06/01/2020 at 00:34, Tomaszk said:

Munas Dabbur would be gettable I reckon.

Went to Sevilla last January, has hardly played. 

Loan be an option, could agree a fee of under £15m with it.

Good all round forward, could play wide if needed.

Signed for Hoffenheim for £10m 

11 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Was his attitude, not his football ability.

No, he assessed him, told him he wouldn't get any game time as he was way down the list of options. Basically not in his plans so go out on loan.

Awhhh damn, looks like we have actually signed him. 

I really hope Smith and Terry have done a background check here. If he's fit and has a point to prove great. 

If not he'll provide a boost to the local pub trade 

Well at least we can throw everything the club has been spouting about signings and type of players for the last half year out the window now.

Nice words that mean nothing now. I take it more as them being naive rather than disingenuous.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If we're dealing with Milan, I agree Rebic suits us more than Piatek.

We make a lot of chances though, so Piatek could be a stroke of genius

Rebic is only on loan and cant gey a start in a dreadful team

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Well at least we can throw everything the club has been spouting about signings and type of players for the last half year out the window now.

Nice words that mean nothing now. I take it more as them being naive rather than disingenuous.

We're in a relegation battle, not a Champions League race.

Experienced players are what we are missing right now.

The talk about signings and types of players was fulfilled in the Summer, we now need some proven experience to see us safely over the line this season.

• Like 2

I'm one of those fools who likes an exotic name and player to be honest.

However, i've warmed to drinkwater, I might say the T with a Catalonian accent just for good measure.

DRRINKWATHEER

On a serious note, seems like he has a point to prove, and as others have said, could be a Tyrone Mings situation.

We see how much just ONE player with quality can change us.Experience to boot.

Now on to forwards and defender/fullback!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3