Cameron Archer

Zatman

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

The thing is if we get 15-20mil and a buy back clause. We are hitting hopefully £40m profit this summer in sales which will fund hopefully another signing and the Zaniolo loan + buy option. 

Yeah makea sense. Have to say archers overall game has looked poor in pre season. You need more than that in PL

49 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Why for some players who played poorly in pre season it's 'doesn't matter its only preseason' yet with archer its 'he's been poor in pre season, we should get rid.

give him til jan as watkins understudy, give him minutes as a sub and see how he does

Because there are more posters on the site than you and one other.

I do agree though. Between the League Cup and Conference we should be able to give him a few starts.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

Not happy about letting him go unless it is a loan to a PL club and we bring in a striker.

Other than that I don’t see the point, what are we doing? Buying someone to replace Watkins? Highly doubt it

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Not happy about letting him go unless it is a loan to a PL club and we bring in a striker.

Other than that I don’t see the point, what are we doing? Buying someone to replace Watkins? Highly doubt it

Maybe he's not going to play much and Unai wants someone with different qualities?

Archer is in the same boat as AJ. Too good for the championship but will struggle for quality minutes behind Watkins etc

Like AJ a move to the premier league with a buyback is optimal. Needs time at this level.

6 hours ago, villan95 said:

Maybe he's not going to play much and Unai wants someone with different qualities?

He could easily play a part in 20 games this year with the conference league.

• Like 1

He's very similar to Defoe, would Defoe have fit into Emery's way of playing?

I just don't think he's physical enough to be involved in multiple aspects of play. He's a very good finisher but I think he could be better off developing himself as a wide forward/winger. 

• Like 1

On 08/08/2023 at 12:29, Delphinho123 said:

I just don't see it. I see him having a very good career in the championship. Not sure his all round game is where we need it to be. Happy to be wrong (as always).

I think we are expecting him to be " Oven Ready" for the Premier League, when he steps on to the pitch.....I think that is a tad unfair.

He has to learn the rest of his craft, in the top league.....JJ was given a chance, why not Cam.

I think our aspirations as a team, are blocking his route.....He won't learn to develop the finer arts of hold up play, unless he plays.....paradox yes, but thats what it is.

I just have a sneaky feeling he might turn out to be the one that got away.......unless we sell with a buy back clause.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I’d personally like him to stay and compete with Watkins and Duran but if Emery doesn't think he’ll make it for whatever reason then I’ll have to accept it. We rate our youth very highly, perhaps too much sometimes. Archer has potential to be a premier league striker but he’s not proven, and as much as I’d like him to prove himself at Villa, it seems we’re looking for someone with different attributes. I just hope we don’t regret it in two years time.

I think Olly cannot play every game, certainly not with our conference fixture list. Im sure i saw someone say we could realistically play 30 games before xmas. I think Ollie played 39 game last season.

I would not want Archer to leave without an adequate replacement. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

He has to learn the rest of his craft with us, in the top league.....JJ was given a chance, why not Cam.

I think because Jacob is a better player. 

There's only six months between them and Ramsey was playing Premier League football while Archer was struggling to make an impact on loan at Solihull Moors.

Archer has had a big jump from there - that experience seems to have been the making of him, he's pushed on now to the point where he's a useful Premier League back up or a very good Championship striker - I think we're going to need more than that though to back up Ollie and if we get it, I'm not sure Cameron would be doing himself any favours sticking around here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Bailey, Carlos, Kamara (at certain points), Buendia (vs walsall), Diaby (performances over goals)

Plenty of people want rid of Bailey 🤣
Carlos is back from a serious injury
Kamara and Buendia have proved they can do it in the PL

• Like 1

Cam had a few chances in the US and showed little if anything. The likes of Kelleyman and Philogene-Bidace grabbed attention but Archer didn't. Yes we could persevere and give him several starts but we'd suffer as a result and until he adjusted his game. Ideal would be a loan spell to another Premier side ..... that would make or break him !

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think Olly cannot play every game, certainly not with our conference fixture list. Im sure i saw someone say we could realistically play 30 games before xmas. I think Ollie played 39 game last season.

I would not want Archer to leave without an adequate replacement. 

From what Unai said in his press conference yesterday, I think he sees Duran as Watkins' "first replacement". But probably like most, I still think we need more if Archer is allowed to leave.

• Like 1

Â