Cameron Archer

Zatman

Don't get it twisted Watkins is much better player than Archer, Watkins in that Brentford team at Championship level was sensational and rightly named player of the season, wasn't just about his goals either, his all round play was excellent. Archer can improve and I'm sure he will, but has a while to go before he's a better option than Eagle OW11, and no shame in that, Watkins gone be back in England team soon enough, as above his return to form might actually help Archer as might mean us not spending big on new centre-forward in the summer.

• Like 1

If we don't buy another striker then Archer will come back. Not sure that's good for his career though as unless we get injuries his not likely to play any considerable minutes. Far better for him to stay at Borough as a loan or sell him with a buy back clause / sell on fee .

11 minutes ago, tinker said:

If we don't buy another striker then Archer will come back. Not sure that's good for his career though as unless we get injuries his not likely to play any considerable minutes. Far better for him to stay at Borough as a loan or sell him with a buy back clause / sell on fee .

Just rotate him with Ollie. If we have 6 games next August then Ollie starts 3 and Archer gets the cup and two prem starts either side of that game.

Ollie has his uses for many games in a season but we need to get it out of this idea he has to start every single minute of every single game.

What I like about Archer is he was deadly in a front two at Preston alongside Riis Jakobson and for Boro last few weeks he's played as the lone CF with Chuba Akpom in support so he can be effective in two different approaches in final third.

Who knows how Duran will come on in next few months although I feel with his profile the club are maybe looking for him to be more of a wide forward which we lack in the squad given Bailey is the only credible option and he's very hit and miss.

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Just seen the finishes on sky sports news, no hesitation from him, comes very naturally. I really hope we don't let him go, he needs to be part of the setup here next season and get regular game time. Imagine in a few years, big Jhon Duran winning headers for Archer to bury....If they get promotion they will want to keep him, we must not sell

Big man knocking headers for little man... It's not 1994 😁

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

We must keep Archer. He is special.

God only knows how many times I have posted this.

Lot of people have praised various youth forwards over the last 25 years....

Archer is the only one I have believed will score 15 goals in the league since Byfield.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Farlz said:

I was never expecting him to come in, blast in loads of goals and be the next big thing but he wasn’t even given the opportunity. 

He’s miles clear of the rest of our youth prospects. If he can’t be given a chance there’s no hope for any of them. 

I’m all for giving him a chance but equally, if we have 21-year-old youth prospects tearing up the Championship in a promotion-chasing side, that’s not a sign of things going wrong in my view…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Love this kid. Be a tragedy if he gets sold without a proper run in the first team at some point.

I can assure you that the club won’t sell a young England u21 international who’s banging goals in at a good level and on a long term contract.

The club kinda messed it up not sending him out on loan for the first 6 months of the season but he’s making up for that now and let’s not forget that he’d still have been training and playing competitively with our squad in those first 6 months so it isn’t completely wasted. 

If Watkins continues his good run of form and Duran shows a bit between now and the end of the season, maybe grabbing 2/3 goals himself, I don’t know if the club will look to sign a striker as a priority in the Summer. What we need is that top quality support striker as well as pace in the wider areas of midfield. 

• Like 1

Â