Cameron Archer

Zatman

His rate and execution of goal scoring is easy to seduce any discerning fan.

but in terms of overall play, the ball has to STICK when its played upfront to give the team a chance.

If it keeps coming back, the rest of the team come under pressure.

for where we are trying to get.....The players need to be multi- tasking.

Its no good saying so and so, can hold the ball up but can't score and vice versa, they have to do it all.

Cam is still learning and he seems to have mastered one part.....its getting the rest to slot in and that takes time and work on the training ground/matches.

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

His rate and execution of goal scoring is easy to seduce any discerning fan.

but in terms of overall play, the ball has to STICK when its played upfront to give the team a chance.

If it keeps coming back, the rest of the team come under pressure.

for where we are trying to get.....The players need to be multi- tasking.

Its no good saying so and so, can hold the ball up but can't score and vice versa, they have to do it all.

Cam is still learning and he seems to have mastered one part.....its getting the rest to slot in and that takes time and work on the training ground/matches.

Lets be honest though, the ball hasn't stuck to Ollie Watkins in over 12 months. I've never seen a ball bounce off a shin so many times.

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Lets be honest though, the ball hasn't stuck to Ollie Watkins in over 12 months. I've never seen a ball bounce off a shin so many times.

Right now, you have a point.....However, I have seen him do better.

But we are talking about Cameron on here......and he still has work to do on some elements of his game.

playing up front in a Premier league team, with aspirations of European places requires complete players, to have a chance.

We have some really exciting young players like Cam.....but we need exerience too, to satisfy our ambitions.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Right now, you have a point.....However, I have seen him do better.

But we are talking about Cameron on here......and he still has work to do on some elements of his game.

playing up front in a Premier league team, with aspirations of European places requires complete players, to have a chance.

We have some really exciting young players like Cam.....but we need exerience too, to satisfy our ambitions.

I completely agree, just playing devils advocate.

Watkins is frustrating as like you said he has done better, and normally does in phases of a game.

I'm torn with Archer, I feel if he sticks around he's a third choice striker playing limited games. A bit like where Keinan found himself in the Championship. At the same time I feel as though if he goes out on loan for a full season he'll bang goals in and we'll look on enviously. Glad it's not my decision to make.

• Like 1

Spurs' youth player Troy Parrott is having a medical with Preston today so Archer won't be going back there. Now, there's many other clubs he could go to in the Championship if he was to go out on loan - but have Preston received post-tour word that Archer is going to be staying with the first team?

We shall see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

No disrespect to Preston but I'd hope he would have a more high profile loan, should he be leaving.

Nah I quite like Preston, OK mid table team who are a couple of pieces away from a playoff run

Think it would be great if it was archer who was a key piece

And he would start every game there and score goals, Norwich for example you can argue don't need him 

8 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

No disrespect to Preston but I'd hope he would have a more high profile loan, should he be leaving.

They just signed Parrott from Spurs so think he wont be going back to Preston

We absolutely should be keeping him and using him as a sub, maybe even starting in one or two. There's a lot he can learn from Watkins and Ings, and from being trained at BH. Sending him back to the Championship at this point would be a big let-down IMO.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I knew someone was going to come along and say something like this, but if he were to have Ings' career (62 PL goals and widely respected by managers in the league) he'll have done incredibly well. This narrative that our forwards are shit is extremely tiresome, and obviously wrong.

Think Ings had helped him last summer and was one of the reasons he developed. Pretty sure he thanked Ings after the Barrow game

• Like 2

I'd send Cam out on Loan to Watford for the season. He'd learn a huge amount playing at the top end in the Championship. 

We would need a 3rd CF in before end of the window though as I expect Davis to leave also

Â