Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

13 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I been looking at semi final venues for the girls but it's hard to find šŸ˜•Ā 

Gotta be neutral for the Semis it's a bit of a joke if a team gets home advantage.

Great result tonight don't forget to book those tickets for next Sunday 2pm.

Could be a record home crowd.

Was only around 1200 left about 8pmĀ 

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Well the semis were neutral, they just weren't at Wembley

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that, oops! I shouldn't have done given that Villa Park was sometimes one of the FA Cup semi venues! :sĀ šŸ™„

Last season's semi-finals were between West Ham and Man City and Arsenal and Chelsea, and they were played at West Ham's Chigwell Construction Stadium and Arsenal's Meadow Park, so not neutral.

We're actually a very good away side, have the fourth best record in the league, just three points less than Man Utd who have the best away record. In fact we've picked up sixteen of our twenty-six points away from home, our form at Bescott isn't great, I think six of those ten home points have come at Villa Park, the wins against Reading and Man City, our only league win at Bescott I think was the Spurs win.

So basically an away draw might actually be good for us, either that or move the game to Villa Park if possible.

Ā 

5 minutes ago, robby b said:

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that, oops! I shouldn't have done given that Villa Park was sometimes one of the FA Cup semi venues! :sĀ šŸ™„

What stadiums have been chosen for this years semis?Ā 

5 minutes ago, useless said:

So basically an away draw might actually be good for us, either that or move the game to Villa Park if possible.

Suppose its doable, We play Newcastle on Saturday 15th April 12.30pm and the semi finals are on Easter Sunday 16thĀ 

5 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Suppose its doable, We play Newcastle on Saturday 15th April 12.30pm and the semi finals are on Easter Sunday 16thĀ 

Easter Sunday is the 9th the week before šŸ˜œĀ 

Just looked through the semi-finals of the last five or six years and none of them have been played at the club's main stadium, always at the smaller stadium that the women's teams use. So maybe there's some sort of rule in place where if team gets an home draw they have to play it at the women's 'official' ground.

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Ā 

Oh let me guess both the tiesā€¦. Just like the menā€™s FA cup, we wouldnā€™t want the 2 ā€˜bigā€™ teams to meet before the final, and of course Villa have to play and lose to Man Utd in every cup soā€¦

Man Utd vs Villa

Chelsea vs Brighton.Ā 

• Like 1

Less than two years ago Man City beat us 8-0 in the FA Cup, looking at the squad for that game, of the seventeen players listed only Freya Gregory and Olivia McLoughlin are still with us, and they both started the game as eighteen and sixteen year olds.

Technically Sian Rogers, and Elisha N'Dow are still Villa players, but out on loan.

Come a long way, Freya Gregory the only player part of both squads and to play in both games.

• Like 1

When you look at the players Man City have with some of the best international ones, it's just brilliant from this Villa team to have played them three times this season and to be unbeaten! What a turnaround. This must have surprised a lot of people. But even better, to have won two of the three games, wow, that's an amazing achievement!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Only the final is played at a neutral venue. Semi final is to be played 16th April. We need to draw Brighton at home.

We get Man Utd, That's the rule!Ā 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Less than 900 tickets left now for Sunday's game at Villa Park

Amazing supportĀ 

Why is the Leicester game at VP but the Man Utd and Chelsea games are at Bescot?

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Why is the Leicester game at VP but the Man Utd and Chelsea games are at Bescot?

Not sure, maybe it has something to do with the international break?Ā 

Ɨ
Ɨ
Ƃ