Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

It's a great thing the investment in the women's team. But i don't think it's right to post stuff regarding the women's team on AVFC official twitter acoount. AVFC twitter account is there for fans of the men's team. Combining the social media accounts is not the right way to go in my opinion.

If women's football is to be taken seriously, they need to stand on their own feet. Not relying on the pre existing popularity of men's football.

Regardless. What a season the women's team is having. Promotion looks like a certainty.

Edited by villalad21

Will be good to get in WSL with the exposure given the highlights are put on after MOTD 2 and there's a live game on red button most Sundays (BT also show live game).

At the moment it feels a bit like following a team in non league, very little chance of highlights or anything on mainstream media.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It's a forum, where people give opinions.

But you said that you don't have an opinion on this, so why post?

That's almost posting for effect.

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It's a great thing the investment in the women's team. But i don't think it's right to post stuff regarding the women's team on AVFC official twitter acoount. AVFC twitter account is there for fans of the men's team. Combining the social media accounts is not the right way to go in my opinion.

If women's football is to be taken seriously, they need to stand on their own feet. Not relying on the pre existing popularity of men's football.

Regardless. What a season the women's team is having. Promotion looks like a certainty.

villa women have got there own twitter account but avfc official twitter account is for all things connecting with villa and that includes the women team! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2020 at 20:37, GingerCollins29 said:

Well i apologise, i should have re-worded my post. 

I personally have no interest in women's football, but if the team represent the badge then best of luck to them.

So you actually do have an opinion on the Aston Villa women's team then and wish them the best of luck 😄 that's good! UTV!

Â