Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

• 2 months later...

Found this languishing on page 3 (the irony), we forget about women as a society, they create other human life. Without women, there wouldn’t be a society, has anyone seen them play? If so, how good are they? Who are their best players? 

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Found this languishing on page 3 (the irony), we forget about women as a society, they create other human life. Without women, there wouldn’t be a society, has anyone seen them play? If so, how good are they? Who are their best players? 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

This lockdown will be over soon dude, stay strong.

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Can’t see this aluko being part of the women’s team after her tweets this evening about people on furlough are work shy and lazy 

Yeah just read about that. Seen a few other people on Twitter with similar comments. Seems people who are furloughed are the new benefits cheats.

It's a bizarre thing to criticise. Nobody who has been furloughed has a choice. You're literally not allowed to work. It's not voluntary. 

I've been furloughed and I had no choice in the matter. HR said go home and don't come back for a month. Done.

• Like 2

She always seemed a little bit of a knob to me.

Maybe it's just my perception as it's the only stuff that gets widely reported, but I've seen quite a few interviews where Aluko takes the controversial position seemingly with little to support it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I just don’t think she is very bright and won’t last long if she messes up again... 

Agree and she will probably end up being a future Tory prime minister candidate

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Confused 1

She’s vile, heard a few story’s about her, whenever I’ve seen her on tv she’s atrocious with her so called punditry was bloody awful at the World Cup with itv, seen her on sky last week saying the women’s national team manager should get the same as the men’s 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rbcuk said:

She’s vile, heard a few story’s about her, whenever I’ve seen her on tv she’s atrocious with her so called punditry was bloody awful at the World Cup with itv, seen her on sky last week saying the women’s national team manager should get the same as the men’s 😄

She should be in the kitchen making me a sandwich.

spacer.png

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Her comments are disgraceful - claiming that furloughed workers are essentially lazy and just trying to avoid work - they're ill informed, insulting to a huge part of the population and completely unnecessary. On top of that, her apology this morning has amounted to little more than "Sorry if I'm in any trouble, but I meant it" which if anything is more insulting still.

She's got a little habit of going "full Whelan" and given the ultra-professional outlook of Mr Purslow and his expectations from those that work for him, I'm not sure she's the right fit for us.

The comments were ignorant and ill informed as you say. I think she's now deleted the twits and taken her twitting to hidden mode, which is good.

As for her ability to do her job, she seems good at it. People should not be sacked for being unaware on matters not affecting their role. Jack shouldn't be sacked for breaking lockdown. They should be "talked to" in the first instance to explain that conduct needs to meet standards and given the chance to adjust their behaviour.

I think I'm saying her "fit" for us isn't (in my eyes) something that should be set in stone by one twitter error. I think she was trying to make a point about people in poor countries being forgotten. She made it badly, and was in any case just plain wrong on the furlough part of her comments, but let her learn and be better for it.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Her comments are disgraceful - claiming that furloughed workers are essentially lazy and just trying to avoid work - they're ill informed, insulting to a huge part of the population and completely unnecessary. On top of that, her apology this morning has amounted to little more than "Sorry if I'm in any trouble, but I meant it" which if anything is more insulting still.

She's got a little habit of going "full Whelan" and given the ultra-professional outlook of Mr Purslow and his expectations from those that work for him, I'm not sure she's the right fit for us.

The apology is the worst bit. One of those ‘sorry if anyone took offence’.

Â