Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Yep, that's a rather disappointing crowd. Seems the record attendance memo didn't quite make it to B6. But a 2-1 win and three wins from three keeps Villa Women joint top (second on goal difference). If this does actually turn into a promotion campaign, I am sure any Spring matches at Villa Park will pull in a few more.

13 hours ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

If this does actually turn into a promotion campaign, I am sure any Spring matches at Villa Park will pull in a few more.

Do they actually have promotion and relegation from the top division?

30 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Do they actually have promotion and relegation from the top division?

Must do, because I heard the Tottenham ladies got themselves promoted last season and then made 8 new signings.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

40k tickets were claimed free and even then 16k couldn't be bothered. 

Ah didn’t realise they were free. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have never really understood it properly....so bear with me.

After seeing the last summers world cup, I was quite surprised and impressed to be honest. Which led me to thinking, why don't we all have a women's team attached to the  main football clubs.

They play at Home when the men play away from home, pardon the pun.

As I understand it the Women's teams are not attached to the football clubs......maybe they should be.

Edited by TRO

Football is a business no matter how you look at it.

Business people are interested in making money. Female teams generate much less income than men teams.

That just  a sad reality. For many owners it just isn't worth the investment.

That being said I'm glad Aston Villa got a women team. Hopefully they get promoted.

Edited by villalad21

Â