Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 05/05/2024 at 17:04, sharkyvilla said:

He's completely lost his forward passing, maybe it's the lack of security without Kamara but for so much of the season he would get the ball and immediately look up and put those brilliant passes in to Ollie or whoever.  It's just not happening for him, it's not working with McGinn either.

Probably lack of security is down to Martinez not being in goals.  Hence you double think every pass

• Confused 1

Got to give it to Doug, he’s really stuck it out with us… we could of been an easy stepping stone club for him, but he’s stayed and grown in to one of our better players. 

• Like 2

On 06/05/2024 at 15:59, TRO said:

Being a tad more physical is a euphemism......Being physical in that role is a pre -requisite, not a " it would be nice if he was"

I respect your opinion, but not for me....neither is McGinn.

Not really - makele, Kante are two recent DM’s who weren’t overly physical but were very good DM’s. 

13 hours ago, Jas10 said:

His loyalty is never in question for me.....One of our most grateful players of all.....and I think he cares about the club and the fans.

There again, all the players, seem to have a great attitude to me.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 06/05/2024 at 20:08, T-Dog said:

I've no problem with a player being tired, I do have a problem with a player being a faff. I don't think he's tired, I think he's had his head turned. I like the bloke but he's fallen off so much recently. He's a Brazilian international and he's playing like a fart in a Smarties tube at the minute.

I think he's just knackered tbh. This is for midfielders in the Premier League:

Minutes Played

This table ranks players based on the currently selected stat type

Rank Player Club Nationality Stat  
1. Declan Rice t3.pngArsenal
GB-ENG.pngEngland
2. Bruno Guimarães t4.pngNewcastle United
BR.pngBrazil
3. Morgan Gibbs-White t17.pngNottingham Forest
GB-ENG.pngEngland
4. Bruno Fernandes t1.pngManchester United
PT.pngPortugal
5. Martin Ødegaard t3.pngArsenal
NO.pngNorway
6. Vitaly Janelt t94.pngBrentford
DE.pngGermany
7. Conor Gallagher t8.pngChelsea
GB-ENG.pngEngland
8. Pascal Groß t36.pngBrighton & Hove Albion
DE.pngGermany
9. John McGinn t7.pngAston Villa
GB-SCT.pngScotland
10. Douglas Luiz t7.pngAston Villa
BR.pngBrazil

Throw in 10 Europa Conference starts (+3 off the bench) and 3 domestic cup starts, plus international weeks with Brazil, and it's been an epic marathon season for him.

He's also never looked quite the same since Kamara got injured.

I don't know why we need a negative explanation for this (he's had his head turned, he lacks heart, he isn't strong enough, bla bla) when a very simple explanation is staring us all in the face. Footballers aren't superhuman, they accumulate mental and physical fatigue, they get niggling injuries which they can't fully recover from... and the obvious consequence is their form suffers.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

The state of that shirt and the badge. Horrible alignment aside, I thought it was a Chelsea badge at first glance.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The state of that shirt and the badge. Horrible alignment aside, I thought it was a Chelsea badge at first glance.

Ditto

Not reactionary as I've thought it for a while but if we do need to generate funds then he's the one to go for me. We have Tielemans that can do the things he does and is also more accomplished in some areas.

10 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Not reactionary as I've thought it for a while but if we do need to generate funds then he's the one to go for me. We have Tielemans that can do the things he does and is also more accomplished in some areas.

to who? 

liverpool? man utd? chelsea?

all of them get better, we would get weaker

hopefully next season he can play every game in his actual postion

10 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Tielemans is nowhere near as good as Luiz in that CM role.

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Tielemans is nowhere near as good as Luiz in that CM role.

Performances away to Arsenal and at home to Bournemouth show he could be imo 

He cost us the first leg, and he did nothing to make up for it tonight.

Another stupid yellow card, because it's what he does.

Â