Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

21 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Class player. 10 goals 7 assists this season... killing it. 

I was wondering who the last CM we had that did better than this in the prem, and it looks like Gareth Barry's 2007/08 season was it - he notched 9 goals and 13 assists in all comps. I'll be very surprised if Dougie doesn't beat 22 goal contributions before the end of the season. 

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

I was wondering who the last CM we had that did better than this in the prem, and it looks like Gareth Barry's 2007/08 season was it - he notched 9 goals and 13 assists in all comps. I'll be very surprised if Dougie doesn't beat 21 goal contributions before the end of the season. 

I does Maths 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It's going to hurt when he leaves in the summer isn't it 🤣

Would break the British transfer record if he did. Chelsea should be desperate to sign him but they spunked every thing they had on the Ukrainian blue and company. 

On 25/02/2024 at 13:11, Rightdm00 said:

Would break the British transfer record if he did. Chelsea should be desperate to sign him but they spunked every thing they had on the Ukrainian blue and company. 

On the Football Ramble podcast they said if he moves it would be as the next £100m footballer - don’t want him to move but glad people are talking in respectful numbers about him 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

On the Football Ramble podcast they said if he moves it would be as the next £100m footballer - don’t want him to move but glad people are talking in respectful numbers about him 

£100m should be the starting point for the bidding war, not the conclusion.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Enjoyed this because it’ll wind up everyone who says he isn’t a defensive mid. But he is really, he’s just one who’s also really good in the final third and can play a few different roles.

I’d say he’s just more of a midfielder than a ‘defensive midfielder’. He’s everywhere. 

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d say he’s just more of a midfielder than a ‘defensive midfielder’. He’s everywhere. 

Yeah he’s an all rounder, more in the Pirlo, Redondo, etc mould than the Makelele mould. Still very good at sitting in front of a defence. Just a great player.

• Like 1

On 29/02/2024 at 12:53, briny_ear said:

£100m should be the starting point for the bidding war, not the conclusion.

Oh sure, but I think the point “the next £100m footballer” is more that less than 10 players have ever gone for that.

22 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Yeah he’s an all rounder, more in the Pirlo, Redondo, etc mould than the Makelele mould. Still very good at sitting in front of a defence. Just a great player.

There aren’t many who play that Makelele role anymore most elite Defensive midfielders are complete players otherwise Marvellous Nakamba would be classed as the best DCM in the prem.

• Like 1

Â