Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

9 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

This is true - he got so mad that he decided that they need to take our best player for 100mil out of spite.

True story.

I am not making this up. 

Bloody Purslow!

On 31/05/2023 at 09:25, GingerCollins29 said:

He's Braziliannnnn

He only cost £15 millionnnn

And we think he's one in a millionnn

It's Douggglasss Luizzzz

He cost us 15 million

We think he's worth a billion

The sexiest Brazilian

He's Doug-a-las Luiz

Douglas Luiz *clap clap*

Etc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Might he leave?

Just don't. I had an argument with my 6 year old son this very morning in the villa club shop as he was adamant he wanted him on his shirt. Haha! It was what I thought about at length on the way home, whether he could conceivably go this summer. Fingers crossed not.

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Might he leave?

Why?  Surely he must be thinking that he is one of the most important players in a team that want to be pushing for the Top 5 next season.  If we were still languishing in mid-table I would be worried but he's got a massive opportunity to really push for a starting position for Brazil by being a key player for us next season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Just don't. I had an argument with my 6 year old son this very morning in the villa club shop as he was adamant he wanted him on his shirt. Haha! It was what I thought about at length on the way home, whether he could conceivably go this summer. Fingers crossed not.

Oh, I can assure you, I don’t want him to leave. I’ve just conceived myself he has some sort of agreement that he might if an offer of a certain value comes in

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Oh, I can assure you, I don’t want him to leave. I’ve just conceived myself he has some sort of agreement that he might if an offer of a certain value comes in

I don't want him to leave but if we get another midfielder in I think he maybe the one to drop our....Kamara is just a better player and McGinn offers more aggression. He's the most replaceable out of the 2.

But......we have to stop this scenario where we end up selling the beginnings of a good team, he obviously has a lowish release clause. Letting him go into the final year of his contract was where the issue started..........who's to blame? 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Might he leave?

He could've left last August when Arsenal made that late move but didn't.

He could've then just decided to sit on the contract and forced us to sell him in January or go out a free as Tielemans has done. He didn't.

He's very happy here with his relationship with Alisha, playing best football of his career under a world class manager and will be a big player in europe for us with his ability. Oh and he still has 3 years left on his deal so he'll be getting an extension midway through next season.

I think if McGinn is out for games I can see him getting the armband which will emphasis his importance in our team now.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

He could've left last August when Arsenal made that late move but didn't.

He could've then just decided to sit on the contract and forced us to sell him in January or go out a free as Tielemans has done. He didn't.

He's very happy here with his relationship with Alisha, playing best football of his career under a world class manager and will be a big player in europe for us with his ability. Oh and he still has 3 years left on his deal so he'll be getting an extension midway through next season.

I think if McGinn is out for games I can see him getting the armband which will emphasis his importance in our team now.

Are they back together? I thought they split up?

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

It's not stupid at all though is it. And we're just discussing the possibility.

It kind of is though, firstly there's no speculation linking him with any other team and why on earth would we sell players and supporters player of the season.

Just because we've signed Tielemans means absolutely sod all. A team playing in four competitions needs strength in depth and who's to say we don't push Luiz further forward.

It's just more negativity from villa fans when there's absolutely no reason to be.

Â