Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

35 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

It doesn't lower the argument at all, there is every chance he has signed with assurances that he won't be manager by a 🤡 much longer.

That would be out in the media so quick. There is no way that they put such thing in a contract 

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

That would be out in the media so quick. There is no way that they put such thing in a contract 

I never said it would be put in the contract, that's ludicrous....

There's every chance a quiet word on the side was had. I don't know what made you think I implied some kind of clause in the contract 😅

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It does seem odd that Gerrard did a press conference and Doug signed the deal with an interview on the same day and they didn't seem to mention each other as far as I'm aware.

He mentioned his love of "the staff" but didn't mention Gerrard by name.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It does seem odd that Gerrard did a press conference and Doug signed the deal with an interview on the same day and they didn't seem to mention each other as far as I'm aware.

I think Douglas Luis sees the writing on the wall or has had a hint from the DOF that Gerrard wont be here holding him and the rest of the players back for much longer. 

28 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I think Douglas Luis sees the writing on the wall or has had a hint from the DOF that Gerrard wont be here holding him and the rest of the players back for much longer. 

Hopefully not from the DOF he should be on the same bus as Gerrard. He is a much to blame as Gerrard imo. He also came from tin pot league.

• Like 1

More pleased that we have secured a valuable asset who was looking likely to walk out for nothing than excited by Doug’s ability. He is competent but really only slightly above a average for this league. Yet to see much from him that makes me think we should fight to keep him or struggle to do better, but he is one of the better performing, more consistent players we have. As long as he was replaced, would have been unconcerned if he had left last January for the £30+ million we were supposedly offered.

I just think we have a very dysfunctional midfield, that’s no slight on any individual as I am sure it’s the coaching and set up, but generally underwhelmed by every one of them at present of if I am honest.

Sorry to sound down beat, it is t meant to be.

Edited by thunderball

Amazed he's signed tbh.

Could have signed at any point last season or in the summer. Actually pretty impressed as I'd be off like a shot if Arsenal showed a serious interest as they did on last day and word was they would've bid again for him in January.

Let's just hope the next manager sees sense and has him and Kamara as the regular pivot infront of the defence as I think that has really potential for us with their ages and style, saw enough in Man. City home game where we limited them to very few clear cut chances.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Kamara as DM, Luiz as shuffler and JJ as box to box is the right blend 

I don't disagree, but I do think JJ needs to refine his game a little more before becoming a guaranteed starter in CM. I also think he has potential to play as an AM.

The forgotten man could be rotated with JJ in CM for now 👀 #FreeSanson

• Like 1

On 26/08/2022 at 13:48, avfc1982am said:

I think we've massively missed a trick with Dougie the last couple of years. His only negative is his lack of physical strength but overall his technique, awareness, intelligence and his overall end product is far greater than that of the other CM's in the side. We should have been looking for another DM 2 years ago and realised that we needing far more physical strength alongside the likes of DL to compliment the midfield. Our stupidity and lack of urgency in resolving this area has become the overriding problem issue within the team.

DL was never the answer to the midfield issues, but he was never the problem either. His only crime was being the most composed and positionally aware of our midfield. If we got the killer in midfield to compliment both him and Kamara I think the problems would evaporate in an instant. As well as getting the FB's to defend first of course.   

Spot on.

• Like 1

You know when we are linked with a player or manager that you don’t want and Villa sign them.That’s how I feel.

Luiz is skilful can pass well,can tackle and can take brilliant corners but for me he hides in games.

How often do we see Mings playing out from the back pass to Luiz for Luiz just to pass it back to Mings.

I have been following his contribution to our games for a while.

Next game count the number of times he passes forward,tries to run with the ball or tries a difficult pass.You won’t need many fingers to count them .

Mcginn for all his faults is always trying something and one of the reasons why is Luiz isn’t.

• Like 1

Very pleased to hear the news.

Dougie must have heard noises that satisfied him, as he wasn't happy playing as a No6

a nice bit of positivity, amongst the doom and gloom.

2026, is a huge committment, so something at the club, is on his page.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Only2McInallys said:

You know when we are linked with a player or manager that you don’t want and Villa sign them.That’s how I feel.

Luiz is skilful can pass well,can tackle and can take brilliant corners but for me he hides in games.

How often do we see Mings playing out from the back pass to Luiz for Luiz just to pass it back to Mings.

I have been following his contribution to our games for a while.

Next game count the number of times he passes forward,tries to run with the ball or tries a difficult pass.You won’t need many fingers to count them .

Mcginn for all his faults is always trying something and one of the reasons why is Luiz isn’t.

He is an excellent passer of the ball....but I would like to see him further forward and being more effective in games.

I take your point.....but I do think in recent times, he has got better.

• Like 1

Think the Delph incident has permanently ruined my ability to look at these types of signings with rose tinted glasses

Great business move regardless, but I've a feeling what's coming next

9 minutes ago, Caddy said:

Think the Delph incident has permanently ruined my ability to look at these types of signings with rose tinted glasses

Great business move regardless, but I've a feeling what's coming next

The Delph one was extreme though wasn't it. "This is my club, the players are my brothers." 🙄

22 minutes ago, picicata said:

Maybe he's staying because Gerrard isn't?

(that's a joke, he won't know diddly about the manager situation)

well according to reports I have read.....its not even being considered.

Â