Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

26 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

I know I'm in a minority here but never have rated Luiz. I think he's a lazy player who occasionally excels on the ball but often doesn't and is a complete liability when we are not in possession. Fans were raging at Luiz not starting last night but Gerrard knew we needed 10 players who would work very hard when Arsenal were on the ball and that ruled out Luiz and Coutinho.

At this point in time, we simply can't carry luxury players like Luiz so £20M would be a decent trade for me !

PS: If we trade him for Gallagher at Chelsea then trade of the decade for sure !!!

I kind of get what you are saying......i think he is a good player but definetely a bit hyped on here.

For me, Luiz has shown he is a very good technical player.....but struggles with the defensive side and positional play.

I always get the feeling he is here but never really wanted to be here...the city work permit kind of forced his move and he probably thought he would go to a better team....though he has been professional about it.

Likewise, if he went to Arsenal, he would probably look better with better players around him.

If he goes...he goes...my main concern id the replacement...needs to equally as good and better which judging from the news...is not looking good

• Thanks 1

But what's this idea that Luiz is some sort of great 'eight' based on? He's hardly ever played as an eight in his career, none of the clubs that he's played for have seen fit to play him in that position, it's not even if his skill set suits that position, just seems to be a fantasy that's taken hold of people's thoughts because it's been repeated so many times.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

McGinn, Ramsey, Kamara, Dendoncker and Nakamba

is a much better midfield than

McGinn, Ramsey,, Luiz, and Nakamba

In fact it's not even close, Kamara alone is a big improvement on Luiz.

No it really isn't!

7 minutes ago, useless said:

But what's this idea that Luiz is some sort of great 'eight' based on? 

+ performances against Man City etc. The salient point isn't that he's widely being called "great" either, just that he deserves his place in the side rather than both Ramsey and McGinn starting in midfield which is evidently not working.

• Like 2

It really really is, and not sure how anyone could possibly argue any different, unless they're way overrating Luiz, Kamara is way better than him as a DM, and frankly probably way better than him as a 'eight', so replacing Luiz with Kamara alone makes our midfield better than it was last season but in addition to that we've also added a very capable midfielder in Dendoncker, so of course our midfield options are better this season than they were last season.

Just now, useless said:

It really really is, and not sure how anyone could possibly argue any different, unless they're way overrating Luiz, Kamara is way better than him as a DM, and frankly probably way better than him as a 'eight', so replacing Luiz with Kamara alone makes our midfield better than it was last season but in addition to that we've also added a very capable midfielder in Dendoncker, so of course our midfield options are better this season than they were last season.

But.. Kamara is in both lists.

and Luiz is better than the rest.

Just now, useless said:

But why, 3 months after Kamara joined and even the manager saying Dougie was out of position last season are you suddenly making it out to be Luiz Vs Kamara?

It's clearly Luiz Vs Dendoncker and our midfield is better with Luiz in it over Dendoncker on the bench.

Because someone listed our midfield options without Luiz and called it 'tragic', I'm pointing out that our midfield options are actually better now than they were last season because Kamara is clearly an upgrade on what we had.

If Luiz goes we will have lost him but gained Kamara and Dendoncker, I'd take Kamara and Dendoncker as optons over Luiz every time.

Disappointed to see him go, a positive is that he will move on for a profit which further proves buying young players and developing them is the way. If Sanson wasn’t in exile I would feel happier about this transfer.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Because someone listed our midfield options without Luiz and called it 'tragic', I'm pointing out that our midfield options are actually better now than they were last season because Kamara is clearly an upgrade on what we had.

If Luiz goes we will have lost him but gained Kamara and Dendoncker, I'd take Kamara and Dendoncker as optons over Luiz every time.

Oh my god

51 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

I know I'm in a minority here but never have rated Luiz. I think he's a lazy player who occasionally excels on the ball but often doesn't and is a complete liability when we are not in possession. Fans were raging at Luiz not starting last night but Gerrard knew we needed 10 players who would work very hard when Arsenal were on the ball and that ruled out Luiz and Coutinho.

At this point in time, we simply can't carry luxury players like Luiz so £20M would be a decent trade for me !

PS: If we trade him for Gallagher at Chelsea then trade of the decade for sure !!!

Luiz isn't a luxury player. He get's through more work productive work in the midfield than both McGinn and Ramsey. Your talking out your arse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Yeah but no one listens to you because your useless. 

Along with Trez he was the unsung hero of the relegation scrap .To say he is not hardworking , go back and watch any of those games in project restart his tracking and breaking up of play was outstanding.

Top clubs want him for a reason and we are where we are as he has not been played this season and the game he did start as soon as he went off we crumbled.The look on his face when he sat on bench afterwards was enough to tell you he was pissed off.

• Like 2

It makes economic sense to sell rather than allow him to go on a free. Our disappointment is we see a player that, if allowed to play in his natural position, is an asset to the club. But two successive managers have hardly played him where he naturally plays.

I'm not surprised it's Arsenal pushing. Arteta coached him at Man City so knows the player he can or could be.

The issue here isn't that he's likely to be sold, BUT that our recruiting regards a replacement is likley to be piss poor and whoever we sign one again will be, like Dougie, played out of position due to managerial stubbornness in his midfield lineup.

Â