Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

7 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Actually tries to provide kamara with an option and does well at keeping possession. Must really piss Gerrard off when he does that.

Absolutely has to start if we actually want a chance of winning on the weekend.

see, comments like this are why discussing managers can be such a daunting activity on this forum XD.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Done a job for us for years out of position

Whilst he is now looking better as an 8, wasn’t he signed as a DM and always played  there beforehand?

Edited by mikeyp102

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Whilst he is now looking better as an 8, wasn’t he signed as a DM and always okayed there beforehand?

I think his best position is No. 8 but was played as a DM because he was able to do it and we had nobody better. IMO right now we should play Kamara and Luiz in midfield and if we need a third then McGinn and Ramsey can fight it out. Further down the line I would play Kamara and Tim with probably Luiz as third.

• Like 1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Our midfield will look so much better with Douglas-Luiz alongside Kamara in a double pivot, 4231 style. But we know that’s not gonna happen so let him play as an 8 in the three. His passing has always been decent. 

It will never happen for multiple reasons

23 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He has this really strange ability of being able to pass to someone in the same coloured shirt.

And for that reason, I'm in. 

I think you’ll find that McGinn will be passing to a number of players that normally wear claret and blue this very weekend.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I hate this. McGinn makes by far the most forward passes in the midfield. He also plays the most long passes. He is always trying to progress the team forward. Thus his passes are the more difficult and success rate will be lower as a result.

My issue with him is his short passing can be sloppy and he gets caught in possession too much. 

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I hate this. McGinn makes by far the most forward passes in the midfield. He also plays the most long passes. He is always trying to progress the team forward. Thus his passes are the more difficult and success rate will be lower as a result.

My issue with him is his short passing can be sloppy and he gets caught in possession too much. 

Interestingly, I always thought Gerrard had the same problem. Which is why his best performances often came when he was in a free role behind the striker or starting out wide, and players like Alonso and Hamann were in charge of keeping possession ticking over.

Looking for progressive passes is a good thing, but McGinn arguably does it too often, and as you say, messes up the basic stuff, or hangs on to the ball too long.

This is where Dougie excels - releases quickly, has the feet to jink out of trouble, and generally finds a Villa shirt. We need someone like him in the midfield.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 3

Â