Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

Luiz not good enough for some Villa fans yet could be good enough for Arsenal.

I'd much rather we keep him, however I'm also in the camp of not wanting to see him leave for nothing as it will be more expensive to replace him next summer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I find it suprising luiz does not believe in the project. You can see by the investment and calibre of players we are bringing to the club

I wouldn't say he doesn't believe in the project, but probably the Italian/Spanish lifestyle appealing more. Unless he goes to Arsenal!

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I wouldn't say he doesn't believe in the project, but probably the Italian/Spanish lifestyle appealing more. Unless he goes to Arsenal!

I would get it if gets a offer from a CL club thata understandable. It would be helpful if we knew what was actually happening as its gone so quiet. If he is refusing to sign then we need to cash in.

But if i was a existing player i would be thinking this id a club going places and i would commit to another 2-3 years as still young

why is it every player that leaves or wants to leave "doesn't believe in the project"

the project being we will eventually look at replacing him...but not even that, we have a project to be where arsenal are or where roma are or he's simply just lived his life in a penthouse in brum city centre and is now looking to do something else or probably the simplest answer we've offered him £75k a week and someone else is talking up more 

dont get me wrong i love the owners and im fully on board for the project but in terms of players in seems really hollow and unrealistic to me, two words in to ashley youngs press release after signing the new deal was "ambition" its just playing to the crowd, it means nothing 

• Like 1

On 05/07/2022 at 17:19, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In recent days, the Brazilian national team of Aston Villa Douglas Luiz has been proposed.

I am quite excited about Villa becoming the Brazilian national team, but puzzled about how Milan can decide this?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Thats the stuff he is capable of. If he played like that every week two things would be happening. He would be getting loads of offers at 30 mill and we would be putting a 120k a week contract in front of him.

But him and McGinn are symptomatic of our biggest issue which is inconsistency.  Can we afford to rely on him when his form dips not even from month to month , but by game to game? 

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would get it if gets a offer from a CL club thata understandable. It would be helpful if we knew what was actually happening as its gone so quiet. If he is refusing to sign then we need to cash in.

But if i was a existing player i would be thinking this id a club going places and i would commit to another 2-3 years as still young

Yeah, I don't get why Gerrard doesn't get asked these questions. Loads of questions about Carney last season, not so many about Douglas' situation. It would also be nice to hear what his thoughts on Sanson are, but he just gets asked the same old boring stuff.

The way I read the situation is this is simply a case of shipping one of the midfielders out to make way for a top quality replacement, which would bring more competitiveness for places. So I think, if they can find someone to buy Sanson they would improve their offer to Luiz and keep him..

Well that's my hopeful theory, based on the fact I think he is a better prospect than Sanson. In my opinion a top 6 side has someone like Luiz in the team even if they are playing from the bench.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Thats the stuff he is capable of. If he played like that every week two things would be happening. He would be getting loads of offers at 30 mill and we would be putting a 120k a week contract in front of him.

But him and McGinn are symptomatic of our biggest issue which is inconsistency.  Can we afford to rely on him when his form dips not even from month to month , but by game to game? 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only time he played as one of our 8s, with a 6 behind him,  was in that game.... hard to judge his consistency in that role when he's only played there once. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If he goes I hope to god we get a decent replacement, my feeling is he will run his contract down and leave for nothing but obviously he will get a huge wage at his new club but at least we get another season of him. 

Â