Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

This clown again. The French football journalist who only comments on Premier League 

Every tweet he made is from today

Yep, very sus that an account created in 2013 has only made 30 or so tweets from a "journalist".

People forget Douglas Luiz cut his holiday short last summer as we had an injury crisis after being involved in 2 summer tournaments across the globe

This will probably be his first vacation since 2019 so should be refreshed for next season

This is another blunder for me along with Carney 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

People forget Douglas Luiz cut his holiday short last summer as we had an injury crisis after being involved in 2 summer tournaments across the globe

This will probably be his first vacation since 2019 so should be refreshed for next season

This is another blunder for me along with Carney 

How have we blundered it? We've probably offered him four different contracts in the last two years.

This is clearly his agent saying let's wait and have a signing on fee ourselves, or you get a move to a team in Europe.

• Like 2

Just now, Tomaszk said:

How have we blundered it? We've probably offered him four different contracts in the last two years.

This is clearly his agent saying let's wait and have a signing on fee ourselves, or you get a move to a team in Europe.

According to Gerrard a few months ago no contract talks were ongoing. I have not heard any news from the club that we ever offered him a new deal at any time. Just speculation on here

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

According to Gerrard a few months ago no contract talks were ongoing. I have not heard any news from the club that we ever offered him a new deal at any time. Just speculation on here

No doubt we've offered him at least 3/4. If a player isn't interested, the talks wouldn't be ongoing.

Think it was around Jan 2021 him and Konsa were playing out of their skin with 2.5 years left and Konsa signed a new deal which I couldn't believe at the time. 

We'll have offered him very good terms. More than he'll get from Roma. I think the penny might drop when he sees the contracts Milan and Roma are willing to offer. Likely they'll both be saying you can only have this fat wedge if you come on a free next year...hang tight. Doesn't suit Villa that, we're going to have to sell low to get anything.

16 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

New contract. Play him in the position of which we scouted him and I assume bought him for. Watch him thrive. There's a player there, no doubt.

Wasn’t he always a DLP/DM though? 

On 12/07/2019 at 08:31, Lerner's Driver said:

Check this out...

This was on the first page, just a quick and it shows that he was defensive. Not the only time I’ve seen him mentioned as a replacement for Fernandinho when he joined city. 

(I never saw him before us, so just interested where he was playing as I’ve seen many say his natural position isn’t dm, yet the managers at Villa have preferred him there).

• Like 1

We finished 14th last season....with an Engine room of Ramsey,McGinn & Luiz.

I can cut JJ some slack as being a developing player and a very promising lad....but the other two leave me with more questions than answers.

We have hopefully strengthened in Kamara, albeit still only 22....I feel we need some power, presence and experience in there.

We need some umph in that midfield, else we will bemoaning another inconsistent season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

He's not leaving is he after that villa IG post

Yeah just seen his ❤️on his to that villa post I hope he signs and stays, play him in the number 8 and you’ll see a much better player like when he did when nakamba was in the defensive role

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

He's not leaving is he after that villa IG post

That’s what makes this contract stalemate so weird. The social media teams really emphasize him more than other players (or that’s what I’ve noticed). That post does feel a bit strange with no contract talks seemingly ongoing

I'm gutted he staying tbh
Missed out on £25 million. Should of cashed in. That's big money for a player with 1 year left on his contract who frankly not good enough to be the Aston Villa Number 6 or 8 and had not really improved since we signed him 

We go into the new season with same problem we had for the last 3 PL seasons, A weak midfield + Kamara 

Edited by messi11

Â