Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It just sounds like we have never even bothered sitting down from the reports. Carney mentioned every day

I wouldn't believe that for a second though.

Great performance as an 8, not good enough as a 6 at least not in the way we need.

Please stop playing him as a 6. We can convince him to sign the contract as an 8. Playing with Coutinho in a World Cup year as a player on the periphery of the Brazil team is such a selling point. Not to mention his romantic relationship at the club too, we can keep this guy.

But if he thinks we're going to continue wasting him as he enters his prime years, he'll leave.

Him and/or Ramsey can lead our new midfield rebuild.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Great performance as an 8, not good enough as a 6 at least not in the way we need.

Please stop playing him as a 6. We can convince him to sign the contract as an 8. Playing with Coutinho in a World Cup year as a player on the periphery of the Brazil team is such a selling point. Not to mention his romantic relationship at the club too, we can keep this guy.

But if he thinks we're going to continue wasting him as he enters his prime years, he'll leave.

Him and/or Ramsey can lead our new midfield rebuild.

Problem for him is, he knows more than anyone how undroppable McGinn is in that 8 role (for some reason).

I'd love to quote all the posts I've made in here saying Doug isn't a number 6, and would be much better than any of our other options played further forward as an 8.

But I'm lazy.

Should start next game where he did this one.  Nakamba keeps his spot. McGinn dropped for Buendia.

Luiz would look so good in that midfield. I really hope we can persuade him to sign a new contract. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Completely different player more forward which most of us have said that’s his best position, hope we see more of him playing as an 8

Agreed clear now to everyone that 8 is his best position. Will be a loss if he goes but confident we’ll sign quality to replace him if he goes. 

So we will sell him as we can't play him in his best position because apparently we have better options there and no options where we are forcing to play him.

Yet he goes somewhere like Arsenal and probably starts immediately in his best position. So that begs tye question why don't we just play him in his best position then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

If it came down to Mcginn vs Dougie who would you guys rather sell?

McGinn all day long, Luiz is being wasted in the number 6 needs to be the 8 that he was tonight

• Like 2

He can work as a 6 but not in Gerrard's system. Nakamba is much more suited to that role. The good thing is, he's such a good footballer that he's also an excellent 8. Hope Gerrard recognizes that. If anyone in that midfield is undroppable, it's him not McGinn.

When Nakamba was playing really well earlier in the season just after Gerrard came in, Dougie must have been playing further forward then. I don’t remember him being outstanding, maybe he was. He was really good last night and clearly better as an 8 than a 6 but even as an 8 can still be inconsistent.

This is a bit of a challenge because he was playing the JJ role. Yiu cabt play them both like so its one or the other.

I think JJs forms dropped lately so im happy he the injury is giving him abit of a rest.  

As for luiz i think he was fantastic yesterday. My motm. Unfortunately not having a dcm means he has to play the number 6 role

Â