Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

3 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

Lets be honest, Ezri was only called up by Cuntgate because Dunk was injured.

There is no chance in hell he will be in the England squad again unless a complete catastrophe with injuries (although that might actually not be a catastrophe if it means both Maguire and Guehi are injured as they are both Shite)

I doubt this will happen but would be great if Emery gets on the phone to Cuntgate and tell him to stop wasting resting/coaching time with our players if they are not getting mins.

Blimey.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

It's not pointless and a waste of time for our internationals who actually get caps though. This was for Konsa, Southgate could at least have capped him!

Yes, you would have thought that he would have given him 10 minutes, or what on earth was the point? I guess he will say this was an opportunity for Ezri to get a feel of being in the squad, but in reality we all know it was a chance for him to crush the hopes of another Villa player, he's as petty as that!:(

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Calling him up then not giving him a single minute was an insult when Slabhead was playing like a complete car crash in both games. Konsa is far better than Maguire in every single aspect of his game except set pieces yet Maguire will likely be starting for England next summer while Konsa won’t even be in the squad. This is how bad Southgate’s judgement is when assessing quality.

It's quite frightening how much anger builds up in me, in regards to sone of the decisions this clown of a manager makes. 

It's like trying to run a Rolls Royce on diesel. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

i probably dont completely share the sentiment of the group here. It was good to see Konsa finally get a call but i also think he would have been attending with the knowledge that playing time wasnt guaranteed. Ultimately 23 get selected and not everyone will get minutes (though ten minutes wouldnt have hurt). Part one for Ezri is just making sure hes part of the conversation and hes achieved that. 

Going forward, i do think that one of the challenges could be the low number of clean sheets weve kept. While Konsa has improved hugely in my mind, we arent known as a solid defensive unit. I worry that our high line and attacking intent arent the best way for a central defender to shine and may impact future chances.

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

i probably dont completely share the sentiment of the group here. It was good to see Konsa finally get a call but i also think he would have been attending with the knowledge that playing time wasnt guaranteed. Ultimately 23 get selected and not everyone will get minutes (though ten minutes wouldnt have hurt). Part one for Ezri is just making sure hes part of the conversation and hes achieved that. 

Going forward, i do think that one of the challenges could be the low number of clean sheets weve kept. While Konsa has improved hugely in my mind, we arent known as a solid defensive unit. I worry that our high line and attacking intent arent the best way for a central defender to shine and may impact future chances.

I wouldnt worry about that  . Man Utd and Crystal Palace have conceded 16 goals in the 12 games so far. We have conceded 17. 

If he doesnt get in the squad then thats fine.  Because for some reason Southgate doesnt like him. Thats his decision.  Havent got a problem with that if Southgate wants a loud player in the dressing room like Dunk. 

Then in September a new manager can come in and everyone has a clean slate. 

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I worry that our high line and attacking intent arent the best way for a central defender to shine and may impact future chances.

Shouldn't be a worry but is because Southgate is one of the most basic simplistic thinkers in management.

Honestly I find it quite stressful watching Villa players on international duty. Triple agony of wanting them to do well so you are watching them like a proud parent, the worry about them getting injured, and the worry about them doing so well they get tapped up by another team!

Id rather none of them were internationals and be done with it 🤣

• Like 1

On 21/11/2023 at 13:31, Pinebro said:

What if he picks up an injury? Added fatigue?

The less caps the better.

I get that, but you always say that we need winning mentality and nothing matters but trophies.

In that case, shouldn't we wish for the entire Villa team to have 100 caps and win multiple trophies with each national team? 

Isn't that a winning mentality and driving towards success that our players need to strive for and you you always advocate? 

On 21/11/2023 at 15:49, John said:

Yes, you would have thought that he would have given him 10 minutes, or what on earth was the point? I guess he will say this was an opportunity for Ezri to get a feel of being in the squad, but in reality we all know it was a chance for him to crush the hopes of another Villa player, he's as petty as that!:(

A bit like Grealish, gives him a chance to “see how we do things here”. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 21/11/2023 at 08:34, Leeroy said:

Calling him up then not giving him a single minute was an insult

Don’t agree with this - I mean yes he’s way better than Maguire and yes I can’t stand Southgate so I take those points but in principle I’m totally fine with a player’s first international experience just being to be in the squad, see how it all operates, train with the team, try to injure any Tottenham lads in training etc 

Edited by Adam2003
  • Haha 1

Â