Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wouldn't be too upset if we moved him on in the summer. I don't think a Carlos / Konsa partnership will work. Also, would probably fetch a higher amount than Mings. 

Still concerned about him if Emery wants to play out from the back / cbs that are comfortable with the ball in posession

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

wouldn't be too upset if we moved him on in the summer. I don't think a Carlos / Konsa partnership will work. Also, would probably fetch a higher amount than Mings. 

Still concerned about him if Emery wants to play out from the back / cbs that are comfortable with the ball in posession

I think of our starters over last few months him, McGinn and Cash will be worried going forward

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

In this scenario, Chambers is a better fit.

I think as it stands, Mings/Carlos is the way forward.

However we don't even know if Mings is up to the passing out from the back game either. He'll have to stay more mentally alert and move on quicker.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think of our starters over last few months him, McGinn and Cash will be worried going forward

I don't think Konsa has been too bad this season, but we should be definitely looking at upgrading in the near future.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In this scenario, Chambers is a better fit.

I think as it stands, Mings/Carlos is the way forward.

However we don't even know if Mings is up to the passing out from the back game either. He'll have to stay more mentally alert and move on quicker.

Could see Chambers maybe challenge Cash more, Emery played him at RB when at Arsenal and used Foyth at RB rather than CB where he was more accustomed. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Against Brentford, the two weakest links for me were Watkins and Cash. Watkins is so frustrating though, parts of his game are excellent, others are atrocious!

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I don't think Konsa has been too bad this season, but we should be definitely looking at upgrading in the near future.

He has played better recently. Dont think he is good enough on the ball though in the long term

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Against Brentford, the two weakest links for me were Watkins and Cash. Watkins is so frustrating though, parts of his game are excellent, others are atrocious!

It is all opinions, but I thought he was one of our better players against Brentford. Although they were all pretty damn good.

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

It is all opinions, but I thought he was one of our better players against Brentford. Although they were all pretty damn good.

Generally though, his all round play lets the team down a fair bit.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think it is too early to know at this stage who might react better or worse to the new manager.

It is going to be very different.

We might be surprised who stays and who goes over the next few seasons.

On 21/08/2022 at 10:53, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but this is fantasy 

He was shite last season under Deano as well, and partially responsible for him losing his job, as was Ollie.

ditto

On 21/08/2022 at 10:21, Villarocker said:

Konsa has lost the plot since Gerrard came in. I think that there's a problem with the new buys being on bigger money than some of the players that were previously doing great. McGinn,  Konsa,  Luiz, Traore have all regressed under Gerrard's management. 

I was never a Dougie fan....but he has won me over....I think he has been much better this season.....as for the others got worse, albeit Knsa has been iffy, for some time.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Generally though, his all round play lets the team down a fair bit.

He’s fine when we play football. He struggles when we knock hopeless 70 yard ball over the top, strange that. Amazes me how some players get a pass due to formation, not playing in the right position, manager, it was raining etc  but Watkins doesn’t. 

Â