Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Hasn’t improved from his form and performances 2 seasons ago.

He is the weak link in our defence and needs dropping.

The others aren’t a fat lot better to be honest but his drop in form is alarming and doesn’t appear likely to change any time soon.

Ezri is a decent player but his confidence has been rocked by being dropped ...... however Chambers has not put a foot wrong when he has started so should probably have got the nod today.

He is absolutely nowhere near good enough to play in the Prem. It’s odd that Gerrard picks him ahead of Chambers. I still support Gerrard but even I’m not going to bother trying to defend that one.

Konsa is so weak, half asleep most of the time and awful with the ball. I would 100% pick Hause ahead of him because he is at least brilliant in the air and hard as they come.

Totally at fault for the first goal...not so much on the finish, which was world class, but for totally mis-anticipating the play while Palace were breaking from their own half and leaving Zaha in a position to break in the first place.

He's not a bad one-on-one defender and did a few good things today...he wasn't quite as bad as some are saying. However, he isn't reading the game well right now, and anticipation is more than half of defending. Plus he's just plain poor with the ball...Chambers is light years ahead.

If he keeps playing like this, he might be useful to keep around as cover...nothing more.

Needs to be taken out of the firing line. Head does not look in the game from minute one, whether it's crowds or Deano leaving or accumulation of injury/returning from them too quickly, he appears to be extremely hesitant to leave his feet and challenge (and uncomfortable when he does) for some reason and teams are targeting that. We saw once or twice what he's traditionally be best at, getting between the player and the goal then shepherding them away from danger, but they're all just playing the ball over him or in the space left by a too-cavalier (by tactical design) Cash and he can't seem to get a step anymore, might as well not be there. Put Chambers in and let Ezri work on himself for a while.

The weakest player in the squad. Mr. Pass responsibility.

Even the first goal. He doesn't commit Zaha, he doesn't take responsibility, he doesn't want to be the one to get "done" or be exposed.

Not commit. Let Zaha shoot and if it goes in it isnt my fault. I've not been beat.

He needs to be gone. We need to sign two centre halves. He's the first to flap his arms when we concede. He's petulant. He never passes the ball through the lines. Only to people 5 yards next to him. Time and time again he'll just give it to Mings, who is in a worse position than him and less outballs - to pump it up into the channels.

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.

The way he stood off Zaha for the first goal was criminal.

He is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard in the air so.

The puny way , he crept up behind Zaha for his reverse pass, for the 3rd goal, was lame, too.....no challenge, just watching the play.

Edited by TRO
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Seems mad that at one point he looked like a future England International. 

In some eyes.....I've never been convinced, but he has got markedly worse, no doubt.

Edited by TRO

Â