Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

On 29/06/2022 at 20:26, MrBlack said:

Wow, only 5 weeks isn't it? That's a very speedy recovery if so.

Let's hope he recovers that good form he was showing the season before last. I couldn't understand why he was so poor last season. 

• Like 2

Great to have him back. With the new signing Carlos we don’t really need to rush him back from this point either so can make sure he is 100% right before starting.

4 good quality centre backs competing for game time now, it’s gone from a position of weakness to possibly a position of strength 

• Like 2

Good news to have him back, could see him forming a decent working relationship with Kamara when they play together as they are both good passers. Hoping he comes back like the Ezri from a few seasons ago rather than the one just gone

• Like 1

It will be great to have Konsa back fit for the new season, I thought he’d be a long way off yet. It looks like Carlos-Mings for the starting CB pair. Konsa will be able to build his fitness back up in the early cup matches and on rotation. When in form he’s a classy defender, he’ll push Mings and Carlos all the way. The competition from all four centre backs should encourage high performance, we look excellent in defence now (on paper at least).

5 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Good news to have him back, could see him forming a decent working relationship with Kamara when they play together as they are both good passers. Hoping he comes back like the Ezri from a few seasons ago rather than the one just gone

Is he a particularly good passer? Unless I'm missing something he is statistically one of the worst passing CBs in the league and I remember the passing maps last year showing he pretty much only passes to Mings.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Is he a particularly good passer? Unless I'm missing something he is statistically one of the worst passing CBs in the league and I remember the passing maps last year showing he pretty much only passes to Mings.

i''m not sure what happened last season, it appeared to me he had a crisis of confidence/loss of faith in his abilities, but before that season and add Charlton and Brentford he was quite good at passing for a defender. Expect him to start the season on the bench as Carlos will partner Mings and Chambers is probably better than him at this moment in time.

43 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I think he is a good passer but for some reason he doesnt seem confident in himself these days so puts it all on Mings

Tyrone will have to be on his game consistently.

Don't be surprised to see him dropped at some point, if he loses for, and Carlos moved over to the left where he is also very capable.

It's good to have this calibre of competetion.

• Like 2

As many have mentioned for too long our centre half pairing picked itself. Hause deputised well but we know he isn’t good enough. Now finally having 4 solid centre halves will really push them all.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

I think Konsa is a rolls Royce of a defender but he does sometimes shirk his passing responsibilities and let Mings take the burden, which is kudos to Mings but also means he gets all the flack if he misplaces a pass.

Will be interesting to see both Mings and Carlos sharing the responsibility this season as it gives the opposition more to deal with, especially now with Kamara in the mix when passing out from the back.

What I like about Konsa though is he’s a clever defender, knows when to draw a foul and 9/10 gets the decision go his way. 

I also think a back three of Mings, Carlos and Konsa would be great against the more attacking sides. 

• Like 1

Hopefully regaining his fitness, he was great a couple years ago and suddenly stopped doing the things he was good at. Ok I understand the fullbacks are expected to push up so probably been told to hold back and let others be progressive, then just passes to mings.

That made us very predictable, the opponents knew what was coming as soon as konsa checked back, he needs to take his chance when he gets it and step out with the ball to open things up, he will get that option now we have a defensive midfielder.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2022 at 19:48, Villatillidie95 said:

i''m not sure what happened last season, it appeared to me he had a crisis of confidence/loss of faith in his abilities, but before that season and add Charlton and Brentford he was quite good at passing for a defender. Expect him to start the season on the bench as Carlos will partner Mings and Chambers is probably better than him at this moment in time.

I don't think he was fully fit at times last season.

Hopefully we see the best of him next season.

Â