Tickets for home games 2019//20

AVTuco

1 hour ago, Bizzzle said:

If I buy my niece club membership will I be able to but two home tickets next to each other? I have club membership but will only allow me to buy one ticket and I want to take my niece who keeps asking me about it

yes - just need to make sure you allocate her ticket to her. the system should recognise that she has a membership

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to swap your current season ticket seat for another one in the ground to have 2 seats together?

Can this be done on the website?

I've done it over the phone years ago, but unsure if possible on the site

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to swap your current season ticket seat for another one in the ground to have 2 seats together?

I did it the other day. You have to do it over the phone. 

• Thanks 1

On 08/09/2019 at 20:35, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have done this for the Burnley game.  I bought the one ticket online, then phoned up to move my season ticket next to the one I bought. 

• Thanks 1

Just a heads up for those of you that live a long way away or for whom your Villa Park experience is rare but worth the money. I was lucky enough to be invited to try The Gas Lamp lounge experience in the North Stand for the West Ham game - a drink, a plate of food, a programme and somewhere to sit before and after the game for about £80.00.

The important bit is this - seats in the middle tier of the Trinity Road stand - now if you're coming from the US, Europe or the far reaches of the UK and you don't make the trip regularly, then the chances are you're not going to get those tickets - you might buy a membership, but even then, two tickets that good will probably be out of your reach - for fans who don't come often and are happy to spend a little more on their experience, I think it's an absolute bargain in terms of getting some of the best seats in the house.

The lounge itself is a small bonus - but as a way to get tickets if you don't get tickets often -  I'd recommend this.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The lounge itself is a small bonus - but as a way to get tickets if you don't get tickets often -  I'd recommend this.

I think it's the same for the Heineken Lounge which uses the boxes between the Holte and the Trinity.

I was in one of the boxes in the Trinity 😁

• Like 1

Incidentally, with the Burnley game now sold out and Brighton currently being our only home game in the month of October (to be followed by Liverpool) we've matched that run of four games with consecutive attendances of over 40,000 from 2007 and we're heading into five or even six consecutive attendances of over 40,000.

Anyone for a dive through the record books to see when we last posted those kinds of numbers?

*Edit*

Found it - there's a run of seven games where attendances were all over 40,000 - way back in 1949. I found one more run of four in 2004, but if we sell out Brighton it'd be the first time we've had five consecutive league attendances of over 40,000 for seventy years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Incidentally, with the Burnley game now sold out and Brighton currently being our only home game in the month of October (to be followed by Liverpool) we've matched that run of four games with consecutive attendances of over 40,000 from 2007 and we're heading into five or even six consecutive attendances of over 40,000.

Anyone for a dive through the record books to see when we last posted those kinds of numbers?

*Edit*

Found it - there's a run of seven games where attendances were all over 40,000 - way back in 1949. I found one more run of four in 2004, but if we sell out Brighton it'd be the first time we've had five consecutive league attendances of over 40,000 for seventy years.

That is impressive!

33 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What have the actual attendance figures been for our homes games so far?

Bournemouth 40,996

Everton 41,922

West Spam 42,010

Burnley will be higher as they have sold out the restricted seats as well

Additionally 3 out of the last 4 home games last season were also above 40,000 . The other one was Millwall which was 39,839 if you want to be pedantic.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Bournemouth 40,996

Everton 41,922

West Spam 42,010

Burnley will be higher as they have sold out the restricted seats as well

Additionally 3 out of the last 4 home games last season were also above 40,000 . The other one was Millwall which was 39,839 if you want to be pedantic.

That’s pretty impressive. Last season they did an attendance table on the % the stadium was full, as opposed to the standard attendance table. I bet we’d be in top 5 for that this season so far

20 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Burnley will be higher

Only if Burnley fill their allocation, or they only take the downstairs part, fill that and the upper part is offered to home fans and sells out.

• 3 weeks later...

Brighton and Liverpool are now sold out, meaning that's our first six home games all sold out - we've got Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Spurs all still to go on sale - plus a boxing day home game - you'd be surprised not to see all of those selling out - that's twelve out of eighteen that you can pretty much assume as sell outs already. It's now becoming difficult to see a situation in which we won't sell out every home league game this season.

Liverpool is the first game this season that didn't reach the stage where season ticket holders can buy additional tickets - which means it's also the first game where there were members who didn't get tickets. The chances for a casual one-off fan to attend a league game at Villa Park are really diminishing.

For Cup games, you'd think there would be opportunity, but dependent on who we draw and whether we get home draws this term, it looks like the pattern could be continuing; for the Wolves game, with the allocation for away fans and the free ticket for season ticket holders, there will only be around 6,000 go on sale - that's about half the number of members we've got and I'd be surprised if it didn't sell out. 

This is almost unprecedented - our average has been higher - in 1948/49 it was 47,320 and we had a record thirteen consecutive attendances over 40,000 - but our capacity that season was around 70,000 and we had several crowds of over 60,000. In that season we had several less than 30,000 too. 

In terms of sales, at the moment we're looking like there could be a chance we'll have more than 40,000 at every league game for the first time in our history. 

In terms of demand, if we had another 5,000 seats, I'd wager they'd be full for more than half of our games this season, perhaps more.

Mr Purslow says that there are plans that include some infilling - I can't see that being more than another couple of thousand seats - if we remain in this division and continue to improve, it ain't gonna be enough. 

• Like 4

I still think we should wait for a season or two until we start planning on expanding Villa Park in any way.

Attendance rises at Villa are usually temporary, although I think this time it's on a different level. If the attendances remain at capacity for the entire season and into next season then I would then begin putting plans into action.

We've seen it in the past where people turn up to Villa Park when the good times are there, but with a string of poor performances the empty seats start creeping back in.

I think we now have a competent board who will make decisions based on the best interest of the club in the long term. Imagine we had pulled down the North Stand this Summer and were currently playing games with 3/4 of the stadium whilst the new stand went up; in our first season back this would really change the atmosphere on match day and most likely hinder the performances on the pitch.

• Like 1