Tickets for home games 2019//20

AVTuco

Honestly think Watford is the only league game in danger of not being over 40k this season and that will mainly be due to them only filling one tier of the Witton. It's a midweek in January so think they'll struggle to bring 1k.

If we're on a good run I'd imagine we'll resale either upper or lower tier for home fans and sell that part out so could actually be the home game with most Villa fans this season. More likely as I suspect we're on a good run at the time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Currently around 760 for Southampton remaining and around 560 for Norwich - provided the away fans don't completely let us down, that should make for ten straight home games with over 40,000 in attendance. We're chasing down a record that I think is 13 games.

There are still just under 14,000 left for the Liverpool cup game however and that one would need a fair push to reach the level Wolves did at 34,962. Still two weeks to go though and we'll see I guess.

When did we last average over 40k for a season?

Got a ticket for a mate in the upper holte for Saints game and I'm in the lower. Obviously never been an issue before this season so I never considered it, but can you come down to the lower holte concourse at ht from the upper or is access blocked?

On 03/12/2019 at 22:19, AndyC said:

Do we think there will be any half season  tickets available this season? I usually have one every season but all season ticket allocation is sold out already? 

I'd be very surprised if there is - there's an 8,000 person waiting list for season tickets - never mind a half season ticket, you might not be able to get a full one for another four or five years if you're not already on that list.

Amazing the Southampton game has sold out already.

In years gone by that type of game would struggle to get up to 35k. Four days before xmas so the last home Saturday game before then would usually take a take and add in not a glamour opposition.

Can see us in a years time announcing expansion plans.

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd be very surprised if there is - there's an 8,000 person waiting list for season tickets - never mind a half season ticket, you might not be able to get a full one for another four or five years if you're not already on that list.

I think anyone who wants a season ticket next season will get one unless we do much, much better in the second half of the season.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Really? 

I can't see 8,000 people giving up their seats.

Hopefully time won't tell, but I think if we finish roughly where we are now, the initial euphoria of being back in the top flight will wear off. We're not going to keep selling out to see us skirting relegation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Hopefully time won't tell, but I think if we finish roughly where we are now, the initial euphoria of being back in the top flight will wear off. We're not going to keep selling out to see us skirting relegation.

Well many Premier League Clubs manage to do just that 🙂

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I think the difference is now that fans realise they can’t pick and choose games with the ease that used to be the case. So there is a risk of giving up a season ticket that hasn’t been there before. As such I fully expect us to remain at full season ticket capacity.

I also think we’ll improve as the season goes on and no reason the feel good factor is going to be affected long term by losing to top 4 teams/challengers.

Incidentally, more people have now come through the gates of Villa Park in our eight home games this season than attended during the entire twenty-one game season of 1985-86.

Football got pretty bleak for a while in the mid eighties kids.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Incidentally, more people have now come through the gates of Villa Park in our eight home games this season than attended during the entire twenty-one game season of 1985-86.

Football got pretty bleak for a while in the mid eighties kids.

Wasn't it ironically against Southampton there were 8,500 in Villa Park, one of the most depressing games I can remember.