Tickets for home games 2019//20

AVTuco

On 15/10/2019 at 13:25, tomav84 said:

a few maybe, but certainly not the 100s that you used to get in the home stands. i just think it's a popular game. sat 3pm vs a good team...it was always going to draw a crowd

We would sell out V Accrington Stanley, right now.

What’s the latest on a ticket resale partner, anyone know? For those that can only make a few games a season, Seatwave used to be a good option for picking up spares. I remember it being asked about at one (or more) of the supporters trust meetings but don’t remember the answer. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I can see us extending the ground in near future with notice on Villa Village now. How we do it I don't know but would still guess at just a bigger and more modern North Stand.

One caution I would say, I was up for extending the ground to 50k + in 2009 when we were finishing top 6, had young exciting squad and manager and our average crowd wasn't far off what it is now.

All it took then for owner to start losing interest and manager quitting and things fell apart pretty spectacularly, imagine how bad it would've been having a 50k stadium in the championship.

Looking at Man. City I think they extended their ground from 48k to 56 wit the extra tier behind the goal 5-6 years after the takeover. Liverpool was also a similar timeline as Fenway came in 2010 and they started work on extending main stand in 2015.

I think 4-5 years is decent length to make sure the people in charge really are in it for the long haul and hopefully by then you'd have seen real inprovement on the pitch.

i do agree, however i think every club is a departure or 2 away from a crisis. jack and mcginn are besties it seems, and if one left the other could quite possibly follow...and if we didn't replace them with similar quality we could fall down the leagues quite quickly.

personally i hope we don't wait 4-5 years to capitalise on the good feelings around the club. if we stay up this season, comfortable mid table the next, top half the year after, we should really be looking at expanding the ground then.

and if we have a 50k stadium in the championship then so what?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i do agree, however i think every club is a departure or 2 away from a crisis. jack and mcginn are besties it seems, and if one left the other could quite possibly follow...and if we didn't replace them with similar quality we could fall down the leagues quite quickly.

personally i hope we don't wait 4-5 years to capitalise on the good feelings around the club. if we stay up this season, comfortable mid table the next, top half the year after, we should really be looking at expanding the ground then.

and if we have a 50k stadium in the championship then so what?

Well for much of our championship era we had to close Upper Trinity so were only operating with capacity of 36k. I was there for games v likes of Bolton and Barnsley midweek when we had sub 30k crowds so there's that worry.

Agree with the rest of your points.

9 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

What’s the latest on a ticket resale partner, anyone know? For those that can only make a few games a season, Seatwave used to be a good option for picking up spares. I remember it being asked about at one (or more) of the supporters trust meetings but don’t remember the answer. 

There's already one in place, season ticket holders can resale their tickets. Don't think we'll be having a general one.

20 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just as a note on ticket sales, I'm told that we're getting up toward 20,000 members. If the current boom continues, the chances of getting a ticket if you aren't a member are going to get pretty slight.

Wow. That’s a fantastic number! Impressive. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just as a note on ticket sales, I'm told that we're getting up toward 20,000 members. If the current boom continues, the chances of getting a ticket if you aren't a member are going to get pretty slight.

Sounds like you may have to be quick even if you’re a member for the big games. 

• 4 weeks later...

Fun fact: If Villa stopped selling tickets this morning, if the club said "We can't be arsed, if you've got a season ticket you're welcome but we can't be bothered to sell any more tickets" our average attendance for the whole season would already be more than 2,000 a game more than in our last season in the Premier League. 

We've still got Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and four more at Villa Park to go on sale.

• Like 2

I can't believe how poor an experience it is trying to buy tickets. It's a good job there's a feel-good atmosphere still surrounding the club that ensures these things sell themselves, because it's honestly a farce.

I'm trying to get the other half booked, so I had to buy an additional claret membership, not ideal but it's a must these days, fair enough. the email says I can use this benefit immediately but it takes 3 days for the Pride points malarkey to take effect, cool.

So I try to buy tickets (and I won't get in to how shit the ticket interface generally is. The vast majority of the seats are single seats together, can you easily say you want 2 tickets and have it find you a pair together like on every other ticketing system? Can you ****), nope, she's exceeded her allocation of 0, it doesn't recognise that she's got a membership, even though it tries to apply her £10 discount. Genius. Left it a day, same problem so I called up the ticket office.

There's a 20 minute wait due to excessive call volumes. At 15:00 on a Monday afternoon, really? It finally lets me through and asks for my fan ID followed by hash. It refuses it 3 times even though I can see that's my fan Id on my previous tickets and on the ticket office site. I just decline to put it through and it gets past that stage, then it just starts ringing. For like 5 minutes. After I've got through the being on hold stage. Wtf.

I get through, give her the same fan Id and she has no problems finding it, and has no idea why the phone system couldn't find me. It just does that sometimes. But she knows exactly what's going on with the site and fixes it for me and gets me to retry. Nope. Log out and back in.? Still broken. Remove and re-add the tickets? No dice. 

She eventually just lets me buy them over the phone, so hopefully the site will sort itself out before we next want to buy a pair of tickets.

Once I actually got through the girl on the phone was very nice and helpful, but the systems are just an absolute **** joke unbecoming of a company of this size. If this was a gig venue or something else like that, I'd never bother again, I'd go to a different. They're lucky they've got a captive audience, because it's absolutely piss poor. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

So I try to buy tickets (and I won't get in to how shit the ticket interface generally is. The vast majority of the seats are single seats together, can you easily say you want 2 tickets and have it find you a pair together like on every other ticketing system? Can you ****), nope, she's exceeded her allocation of 0, it doesn't recognise that she's got a membership, even though it tries to apply her £10 discount. Genius. Left it a day, same problem so I called up the ticket office.

you can...select an area that you want to sit, you're then presented with a seat map. next to 'select seats' there is an option that says 'best available' where you can put in 2 and it will allocate a pair, if available

38 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

you can...select an area that you want to sit, you're then presented with a seat map. next to 'select seats' there is an option that says 'best available' where you can put in 2 and it will allocate a pair, if available

As you say though, it only works when you're selected an area, which isn't really that helpful when most of the sections only have individual seats left, so you have to click through them all area by area, or am I missing something?

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

As you say though, it only works when you're selected an area, which isn't really that helpful when most of the sections only have individual seats left, so you have to click through them all area by area, or am I missing something?

Don't quote me on it, but believe it scans the whole ground, not just the area you selected

Currently around 760 for Southampton remaining and around 560 for Norwich - provided the away fans don't completely let us down, that should make for ten straight home games with over 40,000 in attendance. We're chasing down a record that I think is 13 games.

There are still just under 14,000 left for the Liverpool cup game however and that one would need a fair push to reach the level Wolves did at 34,962. Still two weeks to go though and we'll see I guess.

• Like 1