AVTuco

Tickets for home games 2019//20

On 15/10/2019 at 13:25, tomav84 said:

a few maybe, but certainly not the 100s that you used to get in the home stands. i just think it's a popular game. sat 3pm vs a good team...it was always going to draw a crowd

We would sell out V Accrington Stanley, right now.

What’s the latest on a ticket resale partner, anyone know? For those that can only make a few games a season, Seatwave used to be a good option for picking up spares. I remember it being asked about at one (or more) of the supporters trust meetings but don’t remember the answer. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I can see us extending the ground in near future with notice on Villa Village now. How we do it I don't know but would still guess at just a bigger and more modern North Stand.

One caution I would say, I was up for extending the ground to 50k + in 2009 when we were finishing top 6, had young exciting squad and manager and our average crowd wasn't far off what it is now.

All it took then for owner to start losing interest and manager quitting and things fell apart pretty spectacularly, imagine how bad it would've been having a 50k stadium in the championship.

Looking at Man. City I think they extended their ground from 48k to 56 wit the extra tier behind the goal 5-6 years after the takeover. Liverpool was also a similar timeline as Fenway came in 2010 and they started work on extending main stand in 2015.

I think 4-5 years is decent length to make sure the people in charge really are in it for the long haul and hopefully by then you'd have seen real inprovement on the pitch.

i do agree, however i think every club is a departure or 2 away from a crisis. jack and mcginn are besties it seems, and if one left the other could quite possibly follow...and if we didn't replace them with similar quality we could fall down the leagues quite quickly.

personally i hope we don't wait 4-5 years to capitalise on the good feelings around the club. if we stay up this season, comfortable mid table the next, top half the year after, we should really be looking at expanding the ground then.

and if we have a 50k stadium in the championship then so what?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i do agree, however i think every club is a departure or 2 away from a crisis. jack and mcginn are besties it seems, and if one left the other could quite possibly follow...and if we didn't replace them with similar quality we could fall down the leagues quite quickly.

personally i hope we don't wait 4-5 years to capitalise on the good feelings around the club. if we stay up this season, comfortable mid table the next, top half the year after, we should really be looking at expanding the ground then.

and if we have a 50k stadium in the championship then so what?

Well for much of our championship era we had to close Upper Trinity so were only operating with capacity of 36k. I was there for games v likes of Bolton and Barnsley midweek when we had sub 30k crowds so there's that worry.

Agree with the rest of your points.

9 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

What’s the latest on a ticket resale partner, anyone know? For those that can only make a few games a season, Seatwave used to be a good option for picking up spares. I remember it being asked about at one (or more) of the supporters trust meetings but don’t remember the answer. 

There's already one in place, season ticket holders can resale their tickets. Don't think we'll be having a general one.

20 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

• Like 1

Just as a note on ticket sales, I'm told that we're getting up toward 20,000 members. If the current boom continues, the chances of getting a ticket if you aren't a member are going to get pretty slight.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just as a note on ticket sales, I'm told that we're getting up toward 20,000 members. If the current boom continues, the chances of getting a ticket if you aren't a member are going to get pretty slight.

Wow. That’s a fantastic number! Impressive. 

If that is true add in the 28000 season ticket holders and we are touching 50k members!

9 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If that is true add in the 28000 season ticket holders and we are touching 50k members!

30,000 season ticket holders. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sounds like you may have to be quick even if you’re a member for the big games. 

Â