Jump to content
AVTuco

Tickets for home games 2019//20

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i thought you could move your seat for pretty much any game? so if you bought your cub a ticket, you could move your seat for that game next to them

Yes - the question being whether you have to wait until the season ticket sales window in order to move your seat. I've spoken to the ticket office this morning and it looks like I'll be able to move my season ticket during the phone section of the Membership window (can't do it online) - I thin that should give me a good shot at it for most games.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kingman said:

To confirm that ST holders will only be able to purchase One ticket compared to 6 over previous seasons! 

Cheers Kingman - where have you had that confirmed?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingman said:

To confirm that ST holders will only be able to purchase One ticket compared to 6 over previous seasons! 

I'm in favour of this.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ah.......

 

Erm......

 

I've discovered something today. The club haven't swapped over the season ticket holders and members in the hierarchy of buying this year. It was the same last year. The problems I'm having this season are just a result of volume and no one's fault but my own.

I sincerely apologise for the trouble I've caused.

The problem I have is still a problem for me; as a season ticket holder, I have a Cub who can buy tickets before me and by the time I can move so that we can sit together there's a chance there won't be tickets. It's still the case that any Villa fan can become a member and gain the chance to buy a ticket before a season ticket holder can buy a second ticket - and it's still the case that in order to make sure I can buy a ticket next to the cub, or for a mate, I'm going to need to buy a membership - but the only thing that's changed is that there are now 7,000 more seats already occupied by season ticket holders and 6,000 more members competing for what's left.

Tickets are going to be strange this year - it's going to be difficult at times and I think there's still a little wave of shock to come from the more casual support who will think about going to a game a few days before and then realise they can't, probably at all this season - I hope this level of demand keeps up, I think there's every chance it will - the solution is made of bricks and steel - and the problem hasn't been created by a change the club has made, it's just growing pains, the problem is something we're each going to have to find our own ways to solve.

 

 

I’ve got the same problem mate. I messed up with adding my son to my account and he hasn’t got a season ticket. The chances of being able to get two seats together for us will be difficult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People need to realise a relegation battle won’t stop VP from selling out every game . During our relegation battles the last four years in prem we were selling 7-8k tickets on matchday to non season ticket holders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More stuff keeps occurring to me on this.

Picture the scene - you didn't buy a season ticket and you regret it a bit now, you could buy a membership, but your best mate is a season ticket holder and he can get you a seat for the game so you're not bothering with a membership. So, we're playing Chelsea - 41,500 tickets ready to go - 500 for the club, 30,000 for season ticket holders and 3,000 for away fans. 33,500 gone and 8,000 up for sale. Still, your mate the season ticket holder can get one - only one - but you are his best mate right?

The claret members love this tie - it's a big one and a chance to see Chelsea, Tammy might play and it'll be a cracking occasion - they're all in on it - 6,000 of them. Not quite enough for a sell out though and your mate still has a window.

Here's the thing, your mate is going to have to pretty quick on the draw at 17:00 when the window for season ticket holders opens up - because there will only be enough for about 1 in 16 season ticket holders to get one - he's not alway going to be fastest to that little crop - having a season ticket holder for a mate gives you a chance at a ticket, not a guarantee.

That season ticket window is going to be the big indicator - if things go the way they look like they're going to go - most games will sell out not too long after it opens - and every time one of these windows opens, it'll be like the cup final - queues and racing for tickets. I think Members will buy at least 5,000 for every game based on Bournemouth and, if we keep selling memberships, it'll be more - if you're not a season ticket holder and you're not a member, you need to find a season ticket holder who's pretty sharp.

I genuinely think there's a chance that our average attendance and capacity might well be almost the same figure for the first time in living memory, and I think general sale might be a thing that happens in the League Cup.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

More stuff keeps occurring to me on this.

Picture the scene - you didn't buy a season ticket and you regret it a bit now, you could buy a membership, but your best mate is a season ticket holder and he can get you a seat for the game so you're not bothering with a membership. So, we're playing Chelsea - 41,500 tickets ready to go - 500 for the club, 30,000 for season ticket holders and 3,000 for away fans. 33,500 gone and 8,000 up for sale. Still, your mate the season ticket holder can get one - only one - but you are his best mate right?

The claret members love this tie - it's a big one and a chance to see Chelsea, Tammy might play and it'll be a cracking occasion - they're all in on it - 6,000 of them. Not quite enough for a sell out though and your mate still has a window.

Here's the thing, your mate is going to have to pretty quick on the draw at 17:00 when the window for season ticket holders opens up - because there will only be enough for about 1 in 16 season ticket holders to get one - he's not alway going to be fastest to that little crop - having a season ticket holder for a mate gives you a chance at a ticket, not a guarantee.

That season ticket window is going to be the big indicator - if things go the way they look like they're going to go - most games will sell out not too long after it opens - and every time one of these windows opens, it'll be like the cup final - queues and racing for tickets. I think Members will buy at least 5,000 for every game based on Bournemouth and, if we keep selling memberships, it'll be more - if you're not a season ticket holder and you're not a member, you need to find a season ticket holder who's pretty sharp.

I genuinely think there's a chance that our average attendance and capacity might well be almost the same figure for the first time in living memory, and I think general sale might be a thing that happens in the League Cup.

 

 

interesting points. how long before season ticket holders buy extra so that they can flog for inflated prices i wonder? this is why the club need to sort the ticket exchange out asap. there's no way 30k ST holders are attending every game, so that's going to be an invaluable source for some people to obtain tickets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

interesting points. how long before season ticket holders buy extra so that they can flog for inflated prices i wonder? this is why the club need to sort the ticket exchange out asap. there's no way 30k ST holders are attending every game, so that's going to be an invaluable source for some people to obtain tickets

Indeed - how long until people realise that they can buy 20 memberships and it'll pay for their holiday?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

More stuff keeps occurring to me on this.

Picture the scene - you didn't buy a season ticket and you regret it a bit now, you could buy a membership, but your best mate is a season ticket holder and he can get you a seat for the game so you're not bothering with a membership. So, we're playing Chelsea - 41,500 tickets ready to go - 500 for the club, 30,000 for season ticket holders and 3,000 for away fans. 33,500 gone and 8,000 up for sale. Still, your mate the season ticket holder can get one - only one - but you are his best mate right?

The claret members love this tie - it's a big one and a chance to see Chelsea, Tammy might play and it'll be a cracking occasion - they're all in on it - 6,000 of them. Not quite enough for a sell out though and your mate still has a window.

Here's the thing, your mate is going to have to pretty quick on the draw at 17:00 when the window for season ticket holders opens up - because there will only be enough for about 1 in 16 season ticket holders to get one - he's not alway going to be fastest to that little crop - having a season ticket holder for a mate gives you a chance at a ticket, not a guarantee.

That season ticket window is going to be the big indicator - if things go the way they look like they're going to go - most games will sell out not too long after it opens - and every time one of these windows opens, it'll be like the cup final - queues and racing for tickets. I think Members will buy at least 5,000 for every game based on Bournemouth and, if we keep selling memberships, it'll be more - if you're not a season ticket holder and you're not a member, you need to find a season ticket holder who's pretty sharp.

I genuinely think there's a chance that our average attendance and capacity might well be almost the same figure for the first time in living memory, and I think general sale might be a thing that happens in the League Cup.

 

 

You’ve sold it to me. I’ve always wondered how unsuccessful clubs go from being able to get tickets to them selling out quick all the time. Everton are a perfect example. Their games always sell out, and they don’t particularly do that well. It didn’t used to be like that at Everton though. Something triggered it, and demand has stayed strong even though they are not successful. I’m hoping our relegation, and return to the prem has triggered the demand button for us. Once you get that kind of demand rolling, it usually creates more demand. It’s about time tbf, because I’ve always said VP should be near enough full most weeks with the fanbase we have. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Indeed - how long until people realise that they can buy 20 memberships and it'll pay for their holiday?

 

This is the issue as I can’t go with my missus so I may have to get a second membership just so She can come with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoke to the ticket office today and discovered a couple of things:

  • There are now over 8,000 people on the Season ticket waiting list
  • There are more Claret and Cub members than there are available tickets for each game

That means there will be quite a few games where ticket availability doesn't reach season ticket holders. 

I also unfortunately found that whilst I can move my seat so I can sit with my cub nephew, the areas of the ground with tickets in also seem to be the ones where there are no concession tickets - which means his free ticket can work out as being quite expensive!

I'll be quicker next time - hitting that 17:00 start will be key this season for most folks I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and the first of those 17:00 points will be Friday - season ticket holders scrambling for the remaining 2,000 for Bournemouth and members getting at Everton.

That one will be well worth a watch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the history of our club it was once rumoured that Villa Park was going to be a 130000 capacity stadium but the owners settled for 2/3’s of that figure.

It all depends on how much we progress over the next few years. If we are successful demand will rise if not then there  will be plenty of seats available. 

80,000 attendees is a realistic goal within the next 10 seasons. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went and bought match by match hospitality at Restaurant 82 for me and my son since I'm only able to get to one game. Now I'm set, guaranteed.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Went and bought match by match hospitality at Restaurant 82 for me and my son since I'm only able to get to one game. Now I'm set guaranteed.

How much does it cost and what do you get for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/07/2019 at 19:52, OutByEaster? said:

 

There are more Claret and Cub members than there are available tickets for each game

That means there will be quite a few games where ticket availability doesn't reach season ticket holders. 

For the category B and C games, tickets will probably reach season ticket holders.

A lot of Claret and Cub members might only go to 2-5 games in the season, and they will target the bigger name opposition games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ender4 said:

How much does it cost and what do you get for that?

https://www.avfc.co.uk/Hospitality/match-by-match-packages

82 Restaurant is between 170 and 230 pounds plus VAT per person, depending on the fixture grade.

The whole season went to general sale today. Wolves and Liverpool were sold out already.

Edited by AVTuco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a sell fulfilling prophecy. If people think it is going to be hard to get a ticket they will either buy a season ticket or buy early. I think the days of just walking up and getting a ticket for a league match will  be limited. Given the size of the city we are now starting to fulfil our potential at last.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â