Tickets for home games 2019//20

AVTuco

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

Yeah in my opinion. 

If you’ve clicked the link in the AVFC announcement earlier it tells you the on sale dates for all home fixtures. 

I was on the site at 5pm when Bournemouth tickets went on sale and got 2 tickets easy with loads of choice. Worked out perfectly for me. 

Thanks for the info. Very valuable. 

• Like 1

I tend to agree with OBE. I'd have thought one of the main reasons for capping the amount of season tickets sold was to encourage new fans to come along. If season tickets + claret memberships are capped at what is essentially capacity, that is going to be nigh on impossible for many games. I can't see that many will make general sale. 

So you are either a claret member or know a season ticket holder. Even then with the latter you're probably not getting to one of the shall we say more glamorous ties.  

If we have a good season, we're going to need a bigger boat. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

I think the classification should probably be members & season ticket holders together - then general sale - the problem comes from the size of that group. If ticket sales had been open to members and season ticket holders today, I think the game would have sold out.

I’m abroad with bad WiFi.

Could anyone confirm if Bournemouth tickets have gone on general sale, or will go on general sale on a certain date, or won’t go to general sale, or have already sold out?

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I’m abroad with bad WiFi.

Could anyone confirm if Bournemouth tickets have gone on general sale, or will go on general sale on a certain date, or won’t go to general sale, or have already sold out?

They go on general sale online on 2nd August. It’s highly unlikely it’ll get to general sale it seems. OBE posts above saying around 38k have been sold already to just member and ST holders, without ST holders having the option to buy additional yet. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the classification should probably be members & season ticket holders together - then general sale - the problem comes from the size of that group. If ticket sales had been open to members and season ticket holders today, I think the game would have sold out.

How many tickets can season ticket holders purchase? 

I believe it was 6 previous seasons but can see that this time. 

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

How many tickets can season ticket holders purchase? 

No idea in all honesty, I guess we'll find out on 26th.

I think Everton also goes on sale on the 26th, so it's a day where we'll learn a fair bit about how ticket sales will be this season.

Bournemouth tickets have now been grayed out for me online says coming soon, Anyone else now got this? 

Wonder if they have capped the allocation for members now?

Edited by Kingman

in what might become interesting at the end of the season and whether or not other clubs do the same - man city have made tickets available to every home game this season today

man utd is to some club scheme only and everton + Liverpool are for 3 home game ticket history

other than that everything is general sale, save 10% if you buy more than 4 games at the same time too

• Like 1

I think as well they should have had a loyalty scheme for members, I been a member for many years as I don’t live in brum no point me being a season ticket holder. 

A new member gets priority if long term members as well as stholders

Ah.......

Erm......

I've discovered something today. The club haven't swapped over the season ticket holders and members in the hierarchy of buying this year. It was the same last year. The problems I'm having this season are just a result of volume and no one's fault but my own.

I sincerely apologise for the trouble I've caused.

The problem I have is still a problem for me; as a season ticket holder, I have a Cub who can buy tickets before me and by the time I can move so that we can sit together there's a chance there won't be tickets. It's still the case that any Villa fan can become a member and gain the chance to buy a ticket before a season ticket holder can buy a second ticket - and it's still the case that in order to make sure I can buy a ticket next to the cub, or for a mate, I'm going to need to buy a membership - but the only thing that's changed is that there are now 7,000 more seats already occupied by season ticket holders and 6,000 more members competing for what's left.

Tickets are going to be strange this year - it's going to be difficult at times and I think there's still a little wave of shock to come from the more casual support who will think about going to a game a few days before and then realise they can't, probably at all this season - I hope this level of demand keeps up, I think there's every chance it will - the solution is made of bricks and steel - and the problem hasn't been created by a change the club has made, it's just growing pains, the problem is something we're each going to have to find our own ways to solve.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ah.......

Erm......

I've discovered something today. The club haven't swapped over the season ticket holders and members in the hierarchy of buying this year. It was the same last year. The problems I'm having this season are just a result of volume and no one's fault but my own.

The problem I have is still a problem for me; as a season ticket holder, I have a Cub who can buy tickets before me and by the time I can move so that we can sit together there's a chance there won't be tickets. It's still the case that any Villa fan can become a member and gain the chance to buy a ticket before a season ticket holder can buy a second ticket - and it's still the case that in order to make sure I can buy a ticket next to the cub, or for a mate, I'm going to need to buy a membership - but the only thing that's changed is that there are now 7,000 more seats already occupied by season ticket holders and 6,000 more members competing for what's left.

Tickets are going to be strange this year - it's going to be difficult at times and I think there's still a little wave of shock to come from the more casual support who will think about going to a game a few days before and then realise they can't, probably at all this season - I hope this level of demand keeps up, I think there's every chance it will - the solution is made of bricks and steel - and the problem hasn't been created by a change the club has made, it's just growing pains, the problem is something we're each going to have to find our own ways to solve.

Getting battered at home to Bournemouth might have an effect! If there is one thing I’ve learned all these years it’s that the optimism of a summer is usually inversely proportional to the feeling at the end of the first home game. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Getting battered at home to Bournemouth might have an effect! 

It might - but I don't think we should underestimate the effect of those 30,000 season tickets and the pull of some of the teams in this league. If you include the stuff the club does internally, we've only got about 7,500 seats to sell for each game - results are going to struggle to stop those selling.

• Like 1

On 20/07/2019 at 10:52, OutByEaster? said:

No idea in all honesty, I guess we'll find out on 26th.

I think Everton also goes on sale on the 26th, so it's a day where we'll learn a fair bit about how ticket sales will be this season.

To confirm that ST holders will only be able to purchase One ticket compared to 6 over previous seasons! 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ah.......

Erm......

i thought you could move your seat for pretty much any game? so if you bought your cub a ticket, you could move your seat for that game next to them