Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Great post mate!!! 100% agreement!

Is it?

Out of regular starters, his passing and pass completion stats are right down there. 

He is one of if not the worst player at keeping the ball. Yet he is being praised for keeping things simple?

He doesn't get involved and he doesn't pose a threat. 

He occupies space. I'm pretty sure most strikers could do the same.

This thread is fast turning into scott Hogan 2.0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Have to remember that both  Drogba & Henry took whole season before got good at Chelsea & Arsenal!! Even  Van Persie at Arsenal!! This stuff happens even a 22 yr old Brazilian striker that came from Belgium.

Wes just needs time... Trust Me!! He's improving all the time.He's never going to be a natural goalscorer.. ever..... this is part of the problem but he can certainly give us additional options once got used to Premiership. Its bad anyone write him off so soon. He has the talent.

We needed in summer to replace Tammy permanently and we didn't.. .Tammy was a big part in our style of play under Deano..  but Wes has good potential though.

This is where we are at in my opinion currently. Natural scorer in Jan please Villa. 

Villan4Life, who, in your professional opinion as a scout for talent, would you consider the right kind of natural scorer that Villa could possibly get? 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I thought it would be clear that when I said SOME PEOPLE (as in plural) that was self explanatory.

Not sure why you have decided to jump on my post and make it seem I was claiming to be THE voice for Wesley supporters ffs.

Kindly piss off mate.

Someone needs to tell this clown to stop making "excuses" as well.

Dean Smith on Wesley:  https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-wesley-chelsea-smith-17365840

What a bunch of nonsense.

He is growing? He's getting worse every week. There's no improvement in him since he came in the door at Bodymoore.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Doesn't really matter that he's shite or that we paid £ 22 million and got robbed. Done is done. 

We just got to get in a solid replacement in January ASAP, and bench Wes. He should not play a single minute of football from January on unless we absolutely have to. 

This football management sounds so easy. Its not Football Manager kid, you cant just go and buy a better striker

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

What a bunch of nonsense.

He is growing? He's getting worse every week. There's no improvement in him since he came in the door at Bodymoore.

You should do stand up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes you can. Just snap someone up from League 2. Job done. 

Haller, Kean, Cutrone, Joelinton, Maupay cost over 100 million between them and neither have more goals than him. Throw in Martial, King, Jota as well who have less goals

I genuinely dont know what people are expecting, 22 million doesnt get you a top striker anymore

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This football management sounds so easy. Its not Football Manager kid, you cant just go and buy a better striker

Seems every club in the league have done just that, so you would be wrong. 

That's actually how modern top end football works. 

We just bought a dud. Bench him and move on. 

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

We also need to remember that £22m is bugger all for a striker these days.  At has been for a number of years.

Has he been worth £22m so far?  Not for me.

But we need a striker who is worth more than £22m.  Kelechi Iheanacho and Moise Kean cost £25m each and you'd be hard pressed to say either of them have been better than Wesley this season.

They might not stat wise have done better, but they are much better players. And that's the thing. You can see the potential in most expensive strikers. Wesley's potential looks to be a future bouncer. 

12 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Seems every club in the league have done just that, so you would be wrong. 

That's actually how modern top end football works. 

We just bought a dud. Bench him and move on. 

except Wolves, West Ham, Newcastle, Everton, Brighton or Sheffield United who all paid around same figure for a striker or more and none have more goals than Wesley. but sure everybody has bought a better striker

Only 2 players with more goals than Wesley was not at there club last season. 2 out of 24 players

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

except Wolves, West Ham, Newcastle, Everton, Brighton or Sheffield United who all paid around same figure for a striker or more and none have more goals than Wesley. but sure everybody has bought a better striker

Only 2 players with more goals than Wesley was not at there club last season. 2 out of 24 players

Great stat and well worth everyone taking note of I think.

I'm undecided on him still personally but I wouldn't write him off entirely, although I did think he should have come off last night with 20/30 minutes left.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Thank you.

On a serious note. Maybe that is the problem, we need someone like Grant Holt.... to coach Wesley. In McGinn’s interview the other day he said the defenders go off with JT, the midfielders with Smith and the forwards with O’kelly, now I don’t know much about Richard O’Kellys playing career but I’m guessing he was a forward, but looking at the size of him I doubt he was a hold up type of player and can coach what they want Wesley to do in the same manor. Someone like Holt would be perfect to coach Big Wes.

Â