Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Crazy to think him and Kienan Davis will be linking up with the squad for pre-season training. Wouldn’t be surprised if the club pay him off to get him off the books so he can get a free transfer somewhere. 

Regardless of his injury at no point did he look good enough for the Premier League. £22 million fee for him was crazy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

I love that that video is supposed to be a highlights package yet there are some dogshit crosses, passes, touches, finishes and decisions in it.

If they go in they are not dogshit finishes 

3 hours ago, RichW said:

Crazy to think him and Kienan Davis will be linking up with the squad for pre-season training.

Doubt it. Davis possible but I thought he was out of contract.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Doubt it. Davis possible but I thought he was out of contract.

Ya the only reason Davis may be kept around is he fits the criteria for one of the four academy graduate in Europe 

3 hours ago, RichW said:

Regardless of his injury at no point did he look good enough for the Premier League. £22 million fee for him was crazy. 

Suso was sacked for a reason after all

Edited by Czarnikjak

Wesley struggled big time for us. New league, poor side. He also wasn't a 'typical number 9' and wasn't what we felt we needed at that time, hence why he frustrated us so much.

However if anyone thinks he doesn't have some qualities in certain areas, I'm not sure you watched him properly. As someone else said, it's laughable how many couldn't see Douglas Luiz's blindingly obvious ability 🤣

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Suso was sacked for a reason after all

Was he though? He did a good job in hindsight building a team to survive. Apparently he had a fall out with Puralow who wanted hire Gerrard in 2020 when Smith was struggling

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Wesley struggled big time for us. New league, poor side. He also wasn't a 'typical number 9' and wasn't what we felt we needed at that time, hence why he frustrated us so much.

However if anyone thinks he doesn't have some qualities in certain areas, I'm not sure you watched him properly. As someone else said, it's laughable how many couldn't see Douglas Luiz's blindingly obvious ability 🤣

I gave both of them a fair crack. But whereas I always felt Wesley had some potential as a lower Prem / upper Championship player, to me the criticisms of Douglas Luiz were much more moronic. He has always looked future Champions League winner quality to me.

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I gave both of them a fair crack. But whereas I always felt Wesley had some potential as a lower Prem / upper Championship player, to me the criticisms of Douglas Luiz were much more moronic. He has always looked future Champions League winner quality to me.

do you mean, like the criticisms of John McGinn, and Tyrone Mings?......Look, all our players are playing better now, in a totally improved environment, where players compliment each other......so before anyone gets smug.....some of the criticisms of some of the players at the time had merit.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

do you mean, like the criticisms of John McGinn, and Tyrone Mings?......Look, all our players are playing better now, in a totally improved environment, where players compliment each other......so before anyone gets smug.....some of the criticisms of some of the players at the time had merit.

🥱

Edited by KentVillan

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Luiz being good has nothing to do with Wes being shit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I liked Wes.

Deffo needed time, but there was something in there.

But it didn't happen, we got Ollie Watkins and - despite him getting pelters on here by some - OW is clearly the better of the 2.

Good luck to Wes wherever he ends up - but it ain't here.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was he thought? He did a good job in hindsight building a team to survive. Apparently he had a fall out with Puralow who wanted hire Gerrard in 2020 when Smith was struggling

Suso wanted Nzonzi… Purslow got Drinkwater instead… 🥾 

22 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

As rubbish Wesley may have been, we still replaced him with this man 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d74oz9k1mv0wlv73lqcp

I wonder how different opinion would have been of him, had we won this game (cup final).

spacer.png

MASS TANZANIAN FRENZY!!! 😱

🤦‍♂️

Did everyone’s bloody heads in…

When the Tanzanian fans who swamped Villa's social media when he signed for us posting positive messages every week turned to pure vitriol when we got rid of him was something to see 🤣

• Haha 2

Â