Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

8 minutes ago, Rolta said:

We did it with Delph, although I don't think he played that many games for Leeds the second time. But there's no shame in it, and Delph went on to do pretty well afterwards.

We did, I’d forgotten about that. Think he only played a few games but like you say it didn’t do him any harm, and he found his form and landed his dream move to Abu Dhabi FC. 

There’s definitely no shame in dropping down the leagues to get back up to speed. I’m sure Wesley would do whatever it takes to resurrect his career. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Wesley needs to find his fitness and form, he won’t do that sat on our bench. I’d get him a loan at a Championship club, possibly League 1, somewhere he’s going to play regularly and gain some confidence. It was a huge injury to come back from, it was always going to be difficult for him. 

I agree, it maybe a longer season for him but at least the vigorously crazy season the championship is will either make him or break him.

Point blank you want someone testing good, the championship is certainly good proving grounds with many types of scenarios he will have to deal with.

He would certainly get his fitness back, should make him a better overall player and his attitude and temper will be tested often there.

Remember when we're were in that league, it's a game of cheaters as well with lots of desperation because of how teams want to make the big league here, like I said Wesley will be tested.

It's also not saying he's done here but instead of letting him rot on the bench because I don't think Smith will have confidence or trust to play him, it would be better if he goes elsewhere for abit and comes back much better for a season in a league lower.

I just think it would do him the world of good, and sell bloody Davis.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Burnley at home if I remember right was a Saturday 3 o clock. Players were pulling his arms up as he pretended to be knocked out.

Aside from his general poor displays he was always getting involved in squabbles never plays his power or height , gets bullied,  gets agitated and wound up and gets in defenders pockets and head loss. It happened all the time.

Yes he's been injured but it's two years later. He has learned nothing it seems. He doesn't seem bright enough to play to his strengths.

We didnt lose 2-0 to Burnley with Wes playing 

37 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ok, I’m not saying he has been brilliant or outstanding. The signs were positive imo but of course he had/has his faults. Do you not think we would’ve fared better and he would have improved further had he not been injured?

Constructive criticism is ok but a bit of patience and understanding should also apply…

I’ve never indicated that he’s a brilliant player or anywhere near Ollie’s level, he was a lot better and more useful than Davis though… and Samatta & El Ghazi too…

Nobody knows how good he could’ve been or how much he could’ve improved. The injury was a disaster for him…

Tbf, it’s the comments I’ve seen like, “he’s useless”, “he’s shit, get rid”, “unforgivable”, “do you think we would have stayed up had Mee not injured him?”… that I am responding or referring to most of all…  It’s disgraceful…

I'm not convinced. Like I said 3 good games if I'm being honest. Although saying that  he would have been better than El Ghazi and Samatta. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Give him the first loan offer out the club. 

Still remember losing 2-0 and this plank pretending he was knocked out.

I think a lot of players had enough of him that day 

Not his finest moment that one!

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

It surprised me that he played the friendlies alongside Davis and not on his own. His positioning vs Walsall was not where I expected our striker to play (as Ollie does) - he sits deep lying and not rushing to get forward on breaks, he looked to be just jogging around as a link. Surely this is how he has been asked to play, he played here when he arrived, if he was not following instruction he wouldn’t be on the field long? I think this is why he is getting stick, it looks unorthodox to expectation, and why Ollie is so successful by contrast. If he is just clueless which given his record clearly isn’t the case as he’s scored champions league goals then the question is of recruitment and coaching.

His record ? ..enlighten me - I thought he had scored a nominal amount of goals in a much inferior league ?

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Why does it seem like some people have an agenda against this kid and can’t wait to pile on?

And other players get away scot free…

Because we paid a big fee and for whatever reason he hasn't delivered. 

It's nothing personal against Wes - Hogan got much the same flak. You don't deliver there's not much empathy in football. Goes with the territory I'm afraid.

Showed glimpses in the 20odd games to show there is a talented player who could grow into the team as he acclimatised to the country & league as he and the team settled in together. Also remember how many new faces we had to knit together… Apparently though that is a big enough sample selection for the self proclaimed professional experienced football experts on VT to denigrate him even after the injury nightmare and fighting back to fitness with hyperbolic BS Clickbait - the same posters deride Clickbait news headlines (which are a choice to click on or not) whilst the next minute spouting Clickbait sensationalism & nonsense themselves - oh the irony… which will obviously be lost on some 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Showed glimpses in the 20odd games to show there is a talented player who could grow into the team as he acclimatised to the country & league as he and the team settled in together. Also remember how many new faces we had to knit together… Apparently though that is a big enough sample selection for the self proclaimed professional experienced football experts on VT to denigrate him even after the injury nightmare and fighting back to fitness with hyperbolic BS Clickbait - the same posters deride Clickbait news headlines (which are a choice to click on or not) whilst the next minute spouting Clickbait sensationalism & nonsense themselves - oh the irony… which will obviously be lost on some 

Dont think glimpses are enough at this level.

Sure unlucky with the injury - but even allowing for that I really don't see him cutting it here.

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

No.It was the away game V Burnley,we lost our GK as well

Are we talking about the same thing here? I was on about the time he played dead. The away game was the one where he was near on killed by Mee. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

You only have to look at how people treated Jack after his pissed up driving incident to see how favourites get treated. 

Tbf Jack is a favourite for a reason, he's contributed a hell of a lot on the pitch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Because we paid a big fee and for whatever reason he hasn't delivered. 

It's nothing personal against Wes - Hogan got much the same flak. You don't deliver there's not much empathy in football. Goes with the territory I'm afraid.

He hasn't delivered because he's been injured for more than 2 years. He's played half a season. He got injured during his best performance for us where he dominated a couple of bullies before being cruelly assaulted. The formation change seemed to help him.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

He hasn't delivered because he's been injured for more than 2 years. He's played half a season. He got injured during his best performance for us where he dominated a couple of bullies before being cruelly assaulted. The formation change seemed to help him.

As I said 'for whatever reason he hasn't delivered'  serious injuries being one of those reasons obviously.

27 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

One thing I don’t think Deano will do is create a bomb squad.  They will wait for Wesley to come good , move on , or run contract down. 

Limited options for him though. He's probably on a decent salary - so the amount of clubs that will pick up the salary of a low scoring forward whose missed more than a season through injury is limited.

Villa would probably have to pay a % of his wages wherever he goes.

Not sure what the options are for him. The only thing for sure is his route into the villa first team is pretty much closed to him.

4 hours ago, hippo said:

His record ? ..enlighten me - I thought he had scored a nominal amount of goals in a much inferior league ?

Up to the age of 21 he scored 1 goal every three appearances for Brugge every season. PLus he scored 3 Goals in European competitions the season before he joined us (2 Champions League, 1 Europa league in a total of 8 European appearances). He scored 1 in 4 for us when he joined as a 21 year old, prior to his injury. In a poor side. Every one would agree he was improving too with his best performance in the game he was injured.

You clearly have an agenda, but that suggests he had a decent pedigree as a youngster.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Dont think glimpses are enough at this level.

Sure unlucky with the injury - but even allowing for that I really don't see him cutting it here.

You might be correct, but that will most likely be because of his injury preventing his ability to prove himself post-injury and not because he never had talent. It’s very sad for the club and the player

Edited by thunderball

Â