Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No, no. I was at the game.

So, was that a first for you or something? I was at the game too.

I’m quite comfortable in my opinion that he had a decent game thanks. We all know he’s no world beater but he is the best we have for now, at least until Keinan gets fit, so he gets my support and most at the ground today appreciated his performance.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

You said he will never win over fans if today's performance got criticism. Which is ridiculous. Like I said no threat and the worst player on the pitch for us at keeping the ball. 

Worthy of criticism in my book

We’ll have to agree too disagree mate. I thought he was one of our better players especially considering how isolated he was. 

• Like 3

I thought he played okay today, but he has that strange quality of being a good footballer but presently not a good centre-forward, that same state of being that seems to have gripped Kenain Davis's game, the both of them appear much  better players when they drop deep.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

On 24/12/2019 at 12:13, lexicon said:
10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’ll have to agree too disagree mate. I thought he was one of our better players especially considering how isolated he was. 

Apart from 'running about a bit' what else did he contribute? Could you be specific please as I am genuinely interested in why some people seem to think that he is a footballer.....

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Battled all game. Chased, harassed defenders, played some good link up play, played a part in the goal. 

All nothing special I admit but still not bad for someone that isn’t even a footballer 

Basically then he ran about a bit then😂. Actually Grealish created the goal and I didn't see the 'good link up play' either. Sorry I think we see things differently.

atb

G.T.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I agree he did ok............................for a midfielder. People do realise though he is a striker, an should be scoring us goals yeah??

Scoring goals is nonsense. We now judge our strikers on 5 yard passes 50 yards away from the nets.

• Haha 1

Basically he's a striker but all of his best work is done outside of the opposition box, and in fact he's a complete dead weight inside the box. 

How long does he have to go without scoring before he's dropped? 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Basically he's a striker but all of his best work is done outside of the opposition box, and in fact he's a complete dead weight inside the box. 

At least into the Championship, cause that's where we are heading if Smith continues to play him. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Smith paid 22 million for him. As long as Smith is manager then Wesley will be our centre forward wether he scores or not ....

3 hours ago, DeepDish said:

We should buy strikers from PL or Championship. Too much of a gamble to buy the strikers who are great in Belgium and The Netherlands. I have said I would give him half a season to see if he would fit into the PL, but I have not seen much of an improvment in the recent matches.

He wasn't great in Belgium either. 

A very very odd signing. A complete case in point that moneyball stats do not work in football. 

I think that Wesley is at his most effective dropping short to link the play and then making late runs into the box looking to get on the end of cut backs. Sadly, at the moment, none of our wide players are getting to the byline and pulling the ball back.

He does need to work on other parts of his game but all the noise from the club suggests that he is doing just that. He has the attributes to be a good PL striker and I really hope he gets there with us.

According to Whoscored he had 59% passing accuracy, the worst of all our starting players today.

Had the least amount of time on the ball of all our starting players today with 2.5%.

Won 2 out of 4 aerial duels, made 1 tackle, committed 2 fouls, 1 offside and had zero attempted shots, on or off goal.

I don't think he was our worst player today but equally he was hardly involved and almost constantly out of position.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

According to Whoscored he had 59% passing accuracy, the worst of all our starting players today.

Had the least amount of time on the ball of all our starting players today with 2.5%.

Won 2 out of 4 aerial duels, made 1 tackle, 2 foul,s 1 offside and had zero attempted shots, on or off goal.

I don't think he was our worst player today but equally he was hardly involved and almost constantly out of position.

But we all saw the game and we barely attacked Norwich.  Our attacking play from back to front didn’t exist today....no wonder most of those stats are that for Wes.  Yes he should do better but the team also must do better giving him something.

I think because he is Brazilian people were probably expecting triple step-overs and rainbow flicks then bicycle kicks in to the top corner. After the Everton game I thought wow. 

As I've said previously he needs to stay as far up as possible then maybe he will be more effective. He was definitely better today but the standard is so low atm he is struggling. I hope with better players coming in and with better results he will improve. 

Â