Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Imagine McGinn and Phillips in the workroom doing the dirty work , pressing & up in the opposition faces winning the call back then feeding Trezequet , El Ghazi, etc on the wings then crossing to Leao/ Wesley to slot it home ... 

All that and you didn’t even mention Jack!!

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

All that and you didn’t even mention Jack!!

Jack was making a darting  run to draw the defenders away ...

We haven’t had a mobile tenacious midfield pairing in god knows how long and this is why I want Phillips so badly, to partner McGinn and feeding jack , the wingers etc . I saw Leeds a lot last season and he always stood out for me as exactly what we were missing. No doubt cheaper and perhaps better options out there but with hard work and a bit of luck he could become a legend if he signs I rate him that highly. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Jack was making a darting  run to draw the defenders away ...

We haven’t had a mobile tenacious midfield pairing in god knows how long and this is why I want Phillips so badly, to partner McGinn and feeding jack , the wingers etc . I saw Leeds a lot last season and he always stood out for me as exactly what we were missing. No doubt cheaper and perhaps better options out there but with hard work and a bit of luck he could become a legend if he signs I rate him that highly. 

I said it earlier today that Mcginn and Philips would be the most hated midfield in the league for opposing teams. Relentless. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I said it earlier today that Mcginn and Philips would be the most hated midfield in the league for opposing teams. Relentless. 

Exactly ... I can’t believe some wanted to keep whelan around for another season even though his legs went years ago, same with Jedi . We just need a centre back pairing to protect now ...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I mean quite honestly, I think he's an exceptional talent. So yes I'd pay £30m for him. As I would Tuanzebe or Grealish, so I'm not going to get my arse in my hand because he's a championship player currently. 

He will end up in the Premier League and we will rue the day we missed out, if we do. 

Totally agree 👍 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

A Leeds fan has said that every day for the last two weeks.

Yeah but this was one at BH, hiding behind a bush (I think he may have had a box of tissues, weirdo).

6 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

30 - 35 doesnt matter this is the man that this club has to have.

30-35 million pounds? Wow. That would break the Championship transfer record by quite some way.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

30-35 million pounds? Wow. That would break the Championship transfer record by quite some way.

Premier league are more now than ever before and that goes down to championship prices. Plus this is for me most potential d.midfielder since young Roy Keane.

Just now, Jonsi77 said:

Premier league are more now than ever before and that goes down to championship prices. Plus this is for me most potential d.midfielder since young Roy Keane.

Money

28 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I’ve heard from a reliable source that if we can agree a fee with Leeds and agree terms with the player and his agent then this one is very likely to go through #ITK

Unless Fulham come in on the way back to Villa Park from the medical. 

Then it depends on how fast Smith can sprint down the motorway compared to Bruce.  

• Like 1

Â