Minnesota, USA (Jul 18)

4 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It was a directive from the MLS to restrict it to those in the local Minnesota area and the UK. It doesn't make much sense, but Minnesota had to comply. 

Thanks for the info, mate. Shoddy facebook stream or bed time it is, then!

10 players who all look comfortable on the ball.

And James Bree.

Guilbert is going to look like Cafu in comparison.

small queef must have been amazing last season if Jota is on their bench.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villakram said:

OK, for pre-season fair. Jota looks to have fit right in. Wesley still figuring things out.

We do look a tad impotent though.

As far as pre-season goes we look decent, especially considering it's our first friendly with a largely changed team.

I think we'll look more lethal going forward after a few more friendlies. It's early days for this squad. 

• Like 1

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

All the new signings looking very convincing except Wesley, looks a bit lost to be honest.

I disagree - he looks tidy with the ball and has made some good runs. Jota picked one out  - unfortunately he's made runs and Bree has missed them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It was a directive from the MLS to restrict it to those in the local Minnesota area and the UK. It doesn't make much sense, but Minnesota had to comply. 

I'm in New England and it's fine with the exception of the goal replay!

Targett looks good on the ball , full of ideas

Bree- really struggling with decision making both defensively and on the ball

Jota - fantastic through ball and nutmeg

Wesley- good , strong and unselfish bringing others into play

O’Hare playing well

Guy in charge of replays- needs to be subbed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I disagree - he looks tidy with the ball and has made some good runs. Jota picked one out  - unfortunately he's made runs and Bree has missed them

He moves around more than Tammy did, which may or may not be what Deano wants him to do.  He was unfortunate to miss that header and Jota threaded him through well.  

Just now, TheAuthority said:

I thought he was poor. Not anticipating some of the crosses into the box. And there was a strange moment where he just stopped playing to have an argument with Hourihane. First game of pre-season so lots of time to improve.

• Like 1

Jota moving inside and linking with Jack is really good to see and allowing the full back to push on. He's got a little right wing free role going on. Very effective. Bree actually doesn't look like the worst player I've ever seen which is encouraging as a squad player. Wes struggling to link up and find space.

Connor looks more comfortable in the DM position. I actually like him there for his splitting passes. Gets us going.

Â