Minnesota, USA (Jul 18)

Sounds like it's gonna be a week long training camp in Minnesota. Maybe Thursday - Thursday or something?

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/06/04/premier-league-faqs-2019-2020

What are the pre-season plans?

We head to Minnesota, USA, for a week-long training camp in mid-July.

There, we'll play Minnesota United in a pre-season friendly.

Anyhow I was hoping for a friendly with Hibs as well but seems unlikely to happen as they've already filled out their pre-season fixture list. 

• Like 1

Surely, they'll do a second game. I imagine they'll fly into either NY/DC or Chicago, so another game there would be great. Sota is fun... but I'd prefer an easier to reach location. Fingers crossed, but should be fun either way!

3 minutes ago, villakram said:

Surely, they'll do a second game. I imagine they'll fly into either NY/DC or Chicago, so another game there would be great. Sota is fun... but I'd prefer an easier to reach location. Fingers crossed, but should be fun either way!

I swear I’ve read somewhere that we will be playing Washington . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I swear I’ve read somewhere that we will be playing Washington . 

we were linked with that a few months ago. but from what I've heard thru several AVFC Lions club chairman here in the US, the Minnesota game is going to be the only one sadly. (Of course i hope this is not the case but)

• Like 1

/jealous

Boston has most likely been written off by every club but Liverpool making most other locales as prohibitive as flying to Brum (for me)

Not sure what the local Villa support is, but I hope they appreciate it.

Edited by maqroll

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

/jealous

Boston has most likely been written off by every club but Liverpool making most other locales as prohibitive as flying to Brum (for me)

Not sure what the local Villa support is, but I hope they appreciate it.

How many members are there in the local supporters club?

22 minutes ago, maqroll said:

In Boston, unofficially maybe 30 and it's not particularly well run. No idea about Minn, but I'm guessing it's not a lot.

That's not going to attract the club. How about starting a better run one? 😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, limpid said:

That's not going to attract the club. How about starting a better run one? 😁

I've thought of it, but I don't live in Mass anymore. I'm actually opening a bar soon and might make it headquarters for Maine Villans!

• Like 4

Just now, maqroll said:

I've thought of it, but I don't live in Mass anymore. I'm actually opening a bar soon and might make it headquarters for Maine Villans!

Sounds like a plan....

I've yet to meet any Villans in Portland, but we've been in the C'ship since I've been up here, so we'll see who comes out of the woodwork now. Can't be many. 

On 05/06/2019 at 05:05, limpid said:

How many members are there in the local supporters club?

People will fly in from all over the country for this.

Portland Oregon in Lamberts 1st season was fantastic. Lot of expats as well as a few Yankee glory hunters*

*Obviously not very smart ones

• Thanks 1

On 05/06/2019 at 21:03, maqroll said:

I've yet to meet any Villans in Portland, but we've been in the C'ship since I've been up here, so we'll see who comes out of the woodwork now. Can't be many. 

Yep I have met 1 other Villa fan after 2 years in Basel (Switzerland) and one other through twitter who I will meet up with for one of our sky matches..he has been here 5 years and said he has not met another Villa fan yet either. I have however converted a few others to follow our mighty club and all are aiming to come to a live game with me (2 Canadians, 1 Swiss and an American) UTV 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

People will fly in from all over the country for this.

Portland Oregon in Lamberts 1st season was fantastic. Lot of expats as well as a few Yankee glory hunters*

*Obviously not very smart ones

AFAIK we've already sold out the 2 sections that were given to us by MNUFC. 

There's also a facebook event thru the "Aston Villa America" hosted mostly by the Lions Clubs Chairman. 

• Like 1

On 15/06/2019 at 07:09, Villaphan04 said:

AFAIK we've already sold out the 2 sections that were given to us by MNUFC. 

There's also a facebook event thru the "Aston Villa America" hosted mostly by the Lions Clubs Chairman. 

Correct, we sold out all 290 seats in sections 108/109, which makes it the largest away section for a Minnesota United match. Just heard we're about to get a block of 150 more in section 112, which is nearby. The Aston Villa America FB group is a good place to start if you're looking for info, or want a seat on a pub to pitch bus for pre/post game. If you don't have Facebook, Simon (at)ChicagoVillans on Twitter can help with questions, too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Figured now is the perfect time to join since Villa is coming to my home state. Excited to see my first Villa match and meet other local Villa fans. Sounds like the pregame festivities will be at Brits Pub, and the wife and I will be in section 109! Hoping to see Grealish make a brief appearance, perhaps someone more experienced in football than me can explain what the squad normally looks like for friendlies? Less than a month to go, UTV

Nice, I’m also in 109, a handful of rows behind the Minnesota Lions. This is the first match following the initial training camp, so expect to see two entirely different teams for each half, with some u23 players mixed in. Not sure if they’ll lump all the starters together or split them up.

Edited by Houseoftomorrow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The amount of time put in by a few of the N. American chairmen to help get this event organized ...especially considering the short notice given for everything ...has been fantastic. 

Everything I'm seeing on the FB event page points to a great turnout. Several of us Houston supporters will be making the trip ...section 109 for me.

See y'all there.

• Like 2

Â