dont_do_it_doug.

Anyone can have a stinker over 30 mins. I don't think he was the right player to bring on, but clearly the game changed with Eriksen's introduction, and that was beyond our control. Blaming Jota, Grealish, etc. is moronic.

Good thing is DS isn't the kind of manager to bomb Jota out of the squad now for the rest of his time here. I'm sure he'll have better days in a Villa shirt.

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Anyone can have a stinker over 30 mins. I don't think he was the right player to bring on, but clearly the game changed with Eriksen's introduction, and that was beyond our control. Blaming Jota, Grealish, etc. is moronic.

Good thing is DS isn't the kind of manager to bomb Jota out of the squad now for the rest of his time here. I'm sure he'll have better days in a Villa shirt.

From his performances so far I could see him working well between Jack & Trezequet in a 4-2-3-1. His lack of pace means he’s got no chance on the wing at this level - imo. 

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

To be fair I think you can blame Grealish for their second goal. I’m sure even he would hold his hands up and say he messed up. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair I think you can blame Grealish for their second goal. I’m sure even he would hold his hands up and say he messed up. 

Of course you can blame him for the goal, but not for the result. If it wasn't him it would have been someone else making a mistake, given the pressure we were under.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Could say the same about El Ghazi.. was shocking. Thought Jota did better than his Spurs performance.

You could indeed. 

In defence of both however, i would say that neither get great support from tbe fullbacks. 

20 minutes ago, av1 said:

You could indeed. 

In defence of both however, i would say that neither get great support from tbe fullbacks. 

Exactly. The full back selection is baffling. We seen the best of Jota in pre season with Guilbert bombing up and down the line. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Exactly. The full back selection is baffling. We seen the best of Jota in pre season with Guilbert bombing up and down the line. 

It’s almost as if playing a Premier League opponent is different to facing Walsall in a friendly.  

Edited by AV82

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

I’d start him ahead of El Ghazi Friday. Had a good cameo today. 

All day. He's not a confidence player because he just gets his head down and works very hard - misplaces passes from time to time but he won't let it bother him, he'll keep trying. I like the attitude. 

• Like 1

Â