dont_do_it_doug.

I think that because Jota is so one footed, he will only really be effective Infront of a fullback constantly bombing forward. When relatively isolated he is far to easy to defend against because he hasn't got the pace to beat a man and will always look to cut inside. 

Infront of Guilbert he could be effective, not so much with Elmo imo. That's probably more a criticism of Jota rather than Elmo. 

On 18/08/2019 at 00:11, AVTuco said:

Too slow. End of.

Can't see him doing anything other than coming off the bench later on in games, looked OK in pre season and a decent squad player but not good enough to start in this team in the PL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Can't see him doing anything other than coming off the bench later on in games, looked OK in pre season and a decent squad player but not good enough to start in this team in the PL.

He would've taken chances better that Trezeguet flubbed

On 18/08/2019 at 11:01, av1 said:

I think that because Jota is so one footed, he will only really be effective Infront of a fullback constantly bombing forward. When relatively isolated he is far to easy to defend against because he hasn't got the pace to beat a man and will always look to cut inside. 

Infront of Guilbert he could be effective, not so much with Elmo imo. That's probably more a criticism of Jota rather than Elmo. 

This is essentially what a mate of mine said who is unfortunately a nose.  Said once a fullback works him out he needs backup to be effective in any way.

54 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm still worried about our right flank because Jota doesn't track back.

But that was a great pass, awesome :)

nonsense, Jota tracked back a lot, what match were u watching?

For the time he was on the pitch he covered more meters than anyone else on the pitch.

• Like 1

Very bright last week in his cameo, exceptional today, he's a proper footballer and it's been a while since we've had someone who an play a proper through ball. Wonderful display, not just his passing but his dribbling, invention and intelligence on the ball.

• Like 1

He's a cracking bloke at what he does, his trickery that he pulls off it confused Everton to no end, they were frustrated by him.

God knows how city could utilise Jota.

Â