dont_do_it_doug.

5 hours ago, Farlz said:

That's the pre season Jota. So good tonight, his pass for Wesley was just sublime. I mentioned in the Guilbert thread that him and Jota have good chemistry but there's also a great bond with Jota and Wesley, the goal tonight was so similar to the Walsall one with the ball played through. 

Super performance. 

Think in one of preseason videos that Jota was helping him settle in, good to see working on the pitch too

Didnt he play Wes in for his 2nd chance as well? 

6 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I love him. He gives us a different dimension. I know it’s only 3 games in, but I do watch him and wonder why only Dean Smith and his team spotted that he was Premier League quality while all other managers seemingly didn’t.

Maybe a stats thing as they didnt stand out. Watching his highlights last season he created a bucketload of good chanches that were missed by the lump blues have up front

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe a stats thing as they didnt stand out. Watching his highlights last season he created a bucketload of good chanches that were missed by the lump blues have up front

He was owed about 6 assists from highlights I watched from poor finishing

He and Gulbert were **** awesome.  That dragback he did when facing our own goal about 20 yards out then starting an attack in the first half almost completely switched the momentum of the match in one move.  Then putting the ball on a plate for Wes was brilliant.

• Like 4

My sha supporting mate said he was crap when we signed him, so i just texted him this. 

Beat Everton 2-0 and Jota was the best player on the pitch. What the feck did you lot do to this kid down the sty? The kid looks like a proper player

He phoned me straight away, he watched the game and sounded broken, before acknowledging that smashing the ball up to Adams and Jukuvic (sp?) Clearly didn't get the best out of him 😂

He’s good for Wesley. Played really well too, squeezed out of a number of tight spots when he was doubled up creating space beyond.

Jota/Guilbert worked very well tonight, a few big gaps though when they pushed, but hey, what do we want: park the bus or attacking football? They say attack is the best form of defence....

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

he and guilbert struggled first 10-15 mins i thought, but they really grew into the game and formed a really good understanding i thought. got himself out of trouble a couple of times with some good skills. given smith a headache for palace that's for sure

So good, watched Wesley’s goal for probably the 100th time the ball from Jota was great, last season that ball would have gone wide  to the overlaping fullback ,resulting in a floaty cross that probably would have been headed away  , then again I dont think Abraham or Kodjia would have made that run in the first place , hope Davis is watching this guy closely .  

Â