dont_do_it_doug.

He did work hard, no question. They did a great job of cutting off our supply from midfield almost in its entirety, so it wasn't just Jota, but he didn't execute when given the opportunity. 

Fitness wise though every single one of them to a man stood up, Jota included, hence we ran away with it in the last 15-20. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He did work hard, no question. They did a great job of cutting off our supply from midfield almost in its entirety, so it wasn't just Jota, but he didn't execute when given the opportunity. 

Fitness wise though every single one of them to a man stood up, Jota included, hence we ran away with it in the last 15-20. 

yeah.

The positive i try to take from some of our struggles against Leipzig, is that they are Champions League quality opposition, and their press was a thing of beauty, even holding out against therm for the first 50 minutes was a success in my books tbh.

I know we won, but i think winning flattered us a bit, regardless though the fact we managed to hang it with them at all gives me some real confidence in the team, we wont face teams that good week in week out in the Prem.

• Like 1

I'm not complaining about the performance at all. We did what we had to do and then ran away at the end. I didn't find the score line all that flattering to be honest although it absolutely could have gone either way, Mings missed a couple of sitters for us too. We created plenty on balance, but we had to scrap for it. I'm cool with that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think at most will be useful option against the weaker sides in this league, wasn't a good cameo at all.

was just coming to say this. Doesn't seem like he will be good for counter-attacking when we play against the top 6

• Like 1

I thought it was going to be a good sub. It's not easy bringing anyone on for last half hour in a premier league match when you're getting overrun. Spurs were well on top at that point.

We'll have to see how he fits into the away game strategy long term but I'd like to see him in a few home games first, think he'll be a useful option against teams that come to VP to defend.

Would see how he does in games at home where we'll get more of the ball before writing him off as a premier league player.

50 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think at most will be useful option against the weaker sides in this league, wasn't a good cameo at all.

Yes ! - and if that is all he does for £4m it will be money well spent. 

He looked good pre season, when it wasn't full on - with the best defenders in the world at him - Jota will probably struggle - a couple of goals v Norwich, Burnley etc will be a good return.

To be fair, there are lads having a pop at him here who were singing his praises this last few weeks, and yes he was poor. Can be unbelievably fickle though. From creaming your pants watching him in pre season to nah he's not good enough. Grealish was poor today. Very bad, let's have it straight. Nobody talking about benching him though after a game. ?

27 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

To be fair, there are lads having a pop at him here who were singing his praises this last few weeks, and yes he was poor. Can be unbelievably fickle though. From creaming your pants watching him in pre season to nah he's not good enough. Grealish was poor today. Very bad, let's have it straight. Nobody talking about benching him though after a game. ?

Your probably right. I wasn't one of them though. I just don't see him as a wide right player at PL level. I see him more as an AM replacement for Jack. That's just me though. That doesn't mean I don't think he has played badly either the last few weeks, it just comes down to positional attributes required. I still think he is a decent signing. 

Â