dont_do_it_doug.

9 hours ago, TRO said:

I was impressed with him, but difficult to evaluate properly until we get going.

TRO - I felt when we signed him - he wouldn't be coming along for the ride.

i genuinely rate him very highly and I feel he will prove an integral part of the team this season - I predict more minutes on the pitch than on the bench.👍🏻

• Like 1

I agree, only a few games in but I love watching him and how he links up with Jack and then the pass for Wes last night.  If he can do it in the PL then we have a players

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think everyone needs to calm down.

We've not played anyone good yet.

Ok, we'll not comment on this thread until we play someone of an acceptable benchmark - in your head.

jog on :lol:  

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Ok, we'll not comment on this thread until we play someone of an acceptable benchmark - in your head.

Considering his comment on the last page was no less positive than the majority it's an even stranger comment.

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

to be fair, jota can only play his best versus whatever opponents we are playing against.

Its just that he has looked so good it makes people excited, shows he has some talent.

It would be even more concerning if he were playing against the recent opposition and he was completely ineffective like green has been, then there would be real concern about our options.

So yeah, agree we havent played "top opposition", but at the same time you can only play whats put in front of you, and against those opponents he has looked an exciting player, no point in being negative about it, im glad he doesnt look like green....

• Like 1

He played well last night, but he still knocked a couple of cross field balls out of play, and lost the ball on his wing which led to a 2 v 1 on Guilbert, which he managed to get us of trouble. 

His attacking play is lovely to watch, I'm gonna say it, but he reminds me of Gil - in a "properly continental" kind of playing style.  I'm going to put the couple of sloppy passes down to pre-season, I'm sure he'll iron them out soon enough. 

7.5/10 last night I think! :) 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He played well last night, but he still knocked a couple of cross field balls out of play, and lost the ball on his wing which led to a 2 v 1 on Guilbert, which he managed to get us of trouble. 

His attacking play is lovely to watch, I'm gonna say it, but he reminds me of Gil - in a "properly continental" kind of playing style.  I'm going to put the couple of sloppy passes down to pre-season, I'm sure he'll iron them out soon enough. 

7.5/10 last night I think! :) 

If Gil could score, beat a man, run or generally play football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

i genuinely rate him very highly and I feel he will prove an integral part of the team this season - I predict more minutes on the pitch than on the bench.👍🏻

To paraphrase Dean Smith interview I worked with him I thought he was PL quality I surprised he hasn't been snapped up by a PL team and we're delighted to have him. I think that speaks volumes

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

No getting excited, Mr.

That's not what football is about. We must be 100% rationale at all times.

5 hours ago, Savo'sleftpeg said:

Full game on YouTube - my bad forgot to refresh page and haven't had my coffee ☕ yet 😂 

Best bit is that guy probable blue nose Sam in the chat constantly bleating about Villa being rubbish then saying how long it took to score 1 against Walsall then disappearing 😂

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

He has that one attribute that is rare at lower league football and more common as you move up the leagues.

He is comfortable on the ball.....its a massive must at the level we are entering. Dean seems so very aware of it.

Jack has it, in abundance and it will take hime in to the England team.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

He has that one attribute that is rare at lower league football and common as you move up the leagues.

He is comfortable on the ball.....its a massive must at the level we are entering. Dean seems so very aware of it.

El Ghazi struggled when Jack was injured then was a force when Jack came back. Even in 5 a side I play if you have that quality player it opens up opportunities for cloggers like me because opposition is so pre occupied about what that other guy is doing even off the ball. Now we have Grealish and Jota. Very exciting

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If Bruce had signed him, you'd be telling us he was the 2nd coming of Alex Bruce and praised him constantly. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

He has that one attribute that is rare at lower league football and more common as you move up the leagues.

Yep, how exciting is it that we have these two in our side now, players with proper ability on the ball...worlds apart from the likes of the painfully limited Weimann who was amazingly a regular for us in the PL!

26 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

El Ghazi struggled when Jack was injured then was a force when Jack came back. Even in 5 a side I play if you have that quality player it opens up opportunities for cloggers like me because opposition is so pre occupied about what that other guy is doing even off the ball. Now we have Grealish and Jota. Very exciting

I agree...i would not be surprised to see an even better Jack, with players around him who can work the ball like him.

1 player with ball control amongst players who have not, have their skills are easily negated.

I am expecting to see a team this season, even more entrenched in Dean Smiths philosophy of the game.....I also expect to see players more comfortable in executing his thoughts/ views.

It will take time to blend, but feel it will get better as they get used to each other and the 22 year olds get better and develop.

It strikes me, without getting carried away, of exciting times to come.

Dean is still a relatively unknown quantityto premiership folk,, but like Eddie Howe and Sean Dyce he will prove himself and enhance his reputation in time.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Blues fans must be spitting feathers! :D

I don’t think they have the intelligence to realise.

Most of them probably don’t know what proper football is and what a proper player looks like. They’re just a shite, small, scrappy club. Detest them and their fans, so small time and not worth our time or breath.

Can’t forgive their antics in the last game, even the flipping stewards were acting like neanderthals!

Glad for Jota that we got him out of there, he must feel like he’s been released from prison!🤣

Â