dont_do_it_doug.

So....he looked very good against lower League opposition, and poor against Champions League opposition. 

Quite a shock that !

Maybe next week against a team somewhere in the middle of that spectrum, he will look like a player somewhere between poor and very good.

• Like 1

He doesn't have possess much pace or power, and he gave the ball away needlessly twice from my memory.

But I'd be a right daft word removed if I slag him off after one, 15 minute cameo when we're severely under the cosh.

He'll be fine, but I believe Davis would have been a better option (even if he wasn't in the squad..)

You are the manager; the team are constantly on the back foot, getting hammered in the 2nd half, a new player Trezeguet is seeing very little of the ball. On the bench you have a player; Jota, that fans were raving about during the friendlies and were predicting would start.

Do you stick or twist? 

The criticism Jota is receiving is pathetic. 

If Smith hadn’t made a change, he would have been slagged for not making a change.  

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

You are the manager; the team are constantly on the back foot, getting hammered in the 2nd half, a new player Trezeguet is seeing very little of the ball. On the bench you have a player; Jota, that fans were raving about during the friendlies and were predicting would start.

Do you stick or twist? 

The criticism Jota is receiving is pathetic. 

If Smith hadn’t made a change, he would have been slagged for not making a change.  

Exactly this.

I just think Jota looked a bit overwhelmed by the occasion. Deer in the headlights. 

Doesn't make him a rubbish player or not cut out for the PL. Won't have been the first person making his premier league debut to have been caught in the moment. 

Question is how does he respond next time he's called on. Will be a good test of character for him and it would not surprise me to see him start next game. 

5 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

He looked great in preseason when playing in tandem with Guilbert, as the latter always provided an option for him. Yesterday in his cameo he was perhaps overwhelmed by the pace but also no one looked good in that period late in the game

I agree.

I think the 3 players coming on at that time were victims of the situation more than anything else.

• Like 1

Â