dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

I genuinely think you are going to be pleasently surprised - he has a real touch of quality about him.

I do believe he will be at home in the prem.

I haven’t said he hasn’t got quality about him

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Who is bitching? Who isn’t enjoying it? 

All I’m saying is that he hasn’t proven anything yet, as the OP has said he had proved blues wrong

I didnt mean you specifically.

On 25/07/2019 at 08:43, AV82 said:

I'm stoked by the effect Jota is going to have on Jacks game (and visa versa); they compliment each other so well. Bravo Deano, bravo.

It reminded me of the short lived Jack and Gil combination. It was a joy to watch in the brief moments we saw like Leicester away and a couple of reserve/cup matches. Jota seems to be stronger and faster and more suited to English football than Carles was which bodes well.

On 25/07/2019 at 14:09, avfcberry said:

I will hold my hands up I never rated him when you played for Blues, but i am so glad he has proven me wrong

Could it possibly be that he never had the players around him at the scum in order to play decent football?

Hopefully now with a group of quality players him, not only will he look better, but he will also learn a lot from the influences around him

This is me. 

Delighted to be proved wrong.

45 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Couldn't care less if he played for Birmingham with performances like this.

I'm happy he played for sha, I'm loving winding up my sha supporting colleague atm. 

He's a clever, little player. Technically good and works very hard. I like him alot. He links up really nicely with the central midfielders when he drifts inside. He's something very different to what we've had a VP for a while, I hope the fans take to him.

A shoe in at the moment. 

I thought he was a bit crap yesterday, up until that insane bit of skill in the corner to wiggle his way through 4 defenders. 

Perhaps crap is harsh but I don't think he found his range at all though. Lost a fair chunk of possession and looked super lightweight against top opposition. 

what surprised me with Jota to be honest, when i watched him against Leipzig i was quite surprised at how hard he worked, he was up and down that wing tracking and pressing, was good to watch.

I suppose i knew he was a cultured midfielder, but i also wrongly assumed he might be a bit of a luxury player who doesnt always work as hard as he could, i was very wrong.

I remember an interview with ROK a couple of weeks ago where he said Jota's cardio and distance covered was one of the highest in the squad, i kinda took that with a pinch of salt tbh, but seems that was factual.

been really impressed with both his silky skills, and definitely impressed with his work rate vs Leipzig.

I agree with Dont Do it Doug's post above in terms of he struggled a little versus Leipzig in terms of ball retention etc, they pressed him and others hard, but he did work hard.

Edited by MaVilla

Â