dont_do_it_doug.

22 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t think they have the intelligence to realise.

Most of them probably don’t know what proper football is and what a proper player looks like. They’re just a shite, small, scrappy club. Detest them and their fans, so small time and not worth our time or breath.

Can’t forgive their antics in the last game, even the flipping stewards were acting like neanderthals!

Glad for Jota that we got him out of there, he must feel like he’s been released from prison!🤣

It was not long ago, we were below them in the league.....we have had a meteoric rise in fortunes....lets be grateful for that.

Lets be gracious in that fortune and not be drawn in to petty scrapes with them.

They have always been jealous of us and represent Villa haters as opposed to Blues Supporters, lets not get dragged in to that business, we have bigger fish to fry now, like supporting our club with passion, but humility.....all our energies should be directed at that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

It was not long ago, we were below them in the league.....we have had a meteoric rise in fortunes....lets be grateful for that.

Lets be gracious in that fortune and not be drawn in to petty scrapes with them.

They have always been jealous of us and represent Villa haters as opposed to Blues Supporters, lets not get dragged in to that business, we have bigger fish to fry now, like supporting our club with passion, but humility.....all our enegies should be directed at that.

That’s what I said, they’re not worth our time and breath..

They are beneath us and not worth “petty scrapes” as you say. There is no comparison between the clubs and their stature.

I just detest them, the way they act and behave. They’ve never been on our level but act as though they are a genuine rival and regularly spout vitriol (example, mocking Jack over the death of his baby brother!!!).

If they were more sensible then there wouldn’t be so much animosity.

I don’t give them any thought, just replied on a comment about Jota - a player I don’t think they could appreciate or integrate. 

Wolves are the team I want us to catch and overtake...

Edited by Jas10

I was walking down the road last friday and behind me were to 50 something men, walking 20 yards in front of their wives, talking about the Jota/Gardener deal.

They believed they got the better end of the deal because Jota wasn't the player he was at Brentford, and Gardener was a good championship player, and that they would sensibly invest the £4m they received on top of the swap. 

SUCKERZ!  

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I was walking down the road last friday and behind me were to 50 something men, walking 20 yards in front of their wives, talking about the Jota/Gardener deal.

They believed they got the better end of the deal because Jota wasn't the player he was at Brentford, and Gardener was a good championship player, and that they would sensibly invest the £4m they received on top of the swap. 

SUCKERZ!  

From what I’ve seen they’re obviously idiots/kidding themselves. Jota is a real talent and despite the low price we paid is one of the most exciting players this preseason.

Suckers.

Edited by alreadyexists

I will hold my hands up I never rated him when you played for Blues, but i am so glad he has proven me wrong

Could it possibly be that he never had the players around him at the scum in order to play decent football?

Hopefully now with a group of quality players him, not only will he look better, but he will also learn a lot from the influences around him

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That’s what I said, they’re not worth our time and breath..

They are beneath us and not worth “petty scrapes” as you say. There is no comparison between the clubs and their stature.

I just detest them, the way they act and behave. They’ve never been on our level but act as though they are a genuine rival and regularly spout vitriol (example, mocking Jack over the death of his baby brother!!!).

If they were more sensible then there wouldn’t be so much animosity.

I don’t give them any thought, just replied on a comment about Jota - a player I don’t think they could appreciate or integrate. 

Wolves are the team I want us to catch and overtake...

Yeah, i get that.

1 minute ago, avfcberry said:

I will hold my hands up I never rated him when you played for Blues, but i am so glad he has proven me wrong

Could it possibly be that he never had the players around him at the scum in order to play decent football?

Hopefully now with a group of quality players him, not only will he look better, but he will also learn a lot from the influences around him

shia labeouf agree GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

SUCKERZ!  

Ain't nothing like opinions, is there? 😀

its like you allude to, the players around you can change the way you play.....age old truism.

19 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Actually you are right. Ducks are also pretty bang average in water. They are just average in general. 

Your duck is the classic utility player. Always a place for a duck on the subs' bench, but they are rarely starters. Have Birds qualified for the next SIFF Cup, btw? 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Your duck is the classic utility player. Always a place for a duck on the subs' bench, but they are rarely starters. Have Birds qualified for the next SIFF Cup, btw? 

Ducks are the Ashley Westwood of the water fowl.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, avfcberry said:

proven more than he ever did when playing for Blues

Has he? It’s preseason. He hasn’t even played 90 minute game yet

Hes looked good, but let’s wait to see what he does against teams who can defend first before saying he’s proven anything 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Hes looked good, but let’s wait to see what he does against teams who can defend first before saying he’s proven anything 

I genuinely think you are going to be pleasently surprised - he has a real touch of quality about him.

I do believe he will be at home in the prem.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Only on planet aston villa do we bitch about why a player that plays amazing in pre season  games is actually a poor player because.........reasons.

Just enjoy it for lords sake, as I said in a previous post he can only play what's put in front of him, and I would rather him be amazing in pre season than not, imagine the conversations if he was as ineffective against these pre season opponents as green.

We will soon see in the coming weeks or months if he is prem quality, until then can't we just enjoy the fact he looks class against our pre season opponents where some of our other first team players have actually looked poor.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Only on planet aston villa do we bitch about why a player that plays amazing in pre season  games is actually a poor player because.........reasons.

Just enjoy it for lords sake, as I said in a previous post he can only play what's put in front of him, and I would rather him be amazing in pre season than not, imagine the conversations if he was as ineffective against these pre season opponents as green.

We will soon see in the coming weeks or months if he is prem quality, until then can't we just enjoy the fact he looks class against our pre season opponents where some of our other first team players have actually looked poor.

Who is bitching? Who isn’t enjoying it? 

All I’m saying is that he hasn’t proven anything yet, as the OP has said he had proved blues wrong

• Like 2

Â