dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, djdabush said:

People were worried we would get into trouble with the FA due to the purchase and valuation of Villa Park. I'm much more worried action will be taken when people realised we only paid £2m and Gary Gardner for this guy. 

Absolute robbery on the evidence so far.To think that 5 that started, Jack, Green, Jota, McGinn, And Hourihane, cost £8m AND we got rid of Gardner.

Amazing !

Been a revelation so far. Obviously knew he was good from watching him play for Brentford but his link up with Grealish is already looking exciting, their movement is creating space for Freddy to bomb on down the right.

He's played himself in to the 11 for Spurs I think. Think he'll be a key player for us in home games. Can never have enough creative midfielders in home games when visitors come and put 10 behind the ball.

Attack still has El Ghazi and Trezeguet to come into the fold so it's looking pretty good in final third, just need another striking option and we're good to go.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Been a revelation so far. Obviously knew he was good from watching him play for Brentford but his link up with Grealish is already looking exciting, their movement is creating space for Freddy to bomb on down the right.

He's played himself in to the 11 for Spurs I think. Think he'll be a key player for us in home games. Can never have enough creative midfielders in home games when visitors come and put 10 behind the ball.

Attack still has El Ghazi and Trezeguet to come into the fold so it's looking pretty good in final third, just need another striking option and we're good to go.

Need a DM badly.....

Douglas Luiz asap pls....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Can't see it. Trezeguet will compete with El Ghazi for the wide left slot. McGinn be like a duck out of water out wide.

I'm not proposing McGinn out wide - I think Trezeguet will keep him out of the side out wide and McGinn stops him coming inside and starting games centrally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Ducks have a pretty easy time of it out the water......maybe, more like a fish ?

Pedant alert !

Sorry 🙂

Actually you are right. Ducks are also pretty bang average in water. They are just average in general. They invested/evolved to be generalised which often works but if you are too spread out you become meh even if you are good at surviving. My point is mcginn is not meh and isn't at all like a duck. More like a hyena very high endurance, tough, and very underrated. 

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Disgustingly good footballer. Said when we signed him I expected him to be in first XI based on Brentford form under Smith

I think we'll have an away first XI as well as home one. 

I still think Benrahma is coming anyway (but we could exclude him for a month or two). 

I think Jota for home games, while El Ghazi for away ones. With Trez will be some of a rotation.

It's interesting what approach will Deano use. 

What did he use to do at Brentford and Walsall when he got his dozen players? how did he manage them?

Thought Jota showed some real class at times tonight, only thing i'd add is i think he will give possession away in the prem more than we've seen thus far against much weaker opposition. He got caught out a few times tonight actually and gave the ball away in some dangerous situations with Guilbert out of position. We would get in trouble in the prem with that though i guess that's what happens with an attacking brand of football.

It'll be exciting this season if nothing else.

• Like 2

Â