Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

54 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

What is their reasoning?

Congested season with tons of games having to be played in a much shorter time than usual.

Big clubs will have 60+ games between September and mid May if all cups are still on and they go far. And then there are the international games as well.

Edited by sne

Wonder which club?

Instagram celeb ‘Ray Hushpuppi’ arrested and charged with attempting to steal £100million from Premier League club

The 37-year-old, real name Ramon Abbas, was arrested in Dubai last month after a lengthy FBI investigation.

He was then transferred to the United States and has appeared in court in Chicago.

Hushpuppi loves to flaunt his wealth on Instagram with pictures of himself alongside luxury cars and jets.

But it is claimed that the investigators were able to track his movements by his online activity.

In court documents, the US Department of Justice alleged: "Abbas maintains social media accounts that frequently showed him in designer clothes, wearing expensive watches and posing in or with luxury cars and charter jets.

"The FBI's investigation has revealed that Abbas finances this opulent lifestyle through crime."

He is accused of hacking corporate emails and tricking staff into money transfers.

The Premier League club has not been identified.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12031390/ray-hushpuppi-instagram-arrested-premier-league/

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Premier League have decided they're keeping the five substitutes rule for next season.

I hate football.

Straight up changes the game. Managing your fitness and effort level throughout a game is such a key part of how football works. It'll no longer be the same game I grew up playing or watching, for shame 😔

Watch them try to keep the mid-game breaks in too... flukkers!

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Brighton are playing a level of football that we simply have not seen from Villa for nearly all of this season. 

They do have 3 years on us in terms of development and squad building to be fair.

Brighton are the sort of team we should have been attempting to match this season. They are light years ahead of us on one key ingredient - fight. Just dipping in and out of tonight's game and you can see the difference in speed, desire, aggression, teamwork. I'm not sure they have much more talent than us but it makes such a big difference.

That's why this season will go down as a disappointment, not because we struggled but because we never fought.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Brighton are the sort of team we should have been attempting to match this season. They are light years ahead of us on one key ingredient - fight. Just dipping in and out of tonight's game and you can see the difference in speed, desire, aggression, teamwork. I'm not sure they have much more talent than us but it makes such a big difference.

That's why this season will go down as a disappointment, not because we struggled but because we never fought.

They've also got a very good coach in Potter who has gotten his team to play the way he want's them to. They are a team.

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yeah, he’s impressed me this year. A Villa fan too, maybe one for the future..

I'd have loved for us to get him the summer before last when the new owners came in.

Edited by sne

22 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

They signed a lot of players we were linked with. Trossard, Webster, Maupay, Mooy. They even signed Dale Stephens from Julie Bs basement. They have a good set up at Brighton, ambitious owners who put the right people in place across the board. That Ashworth geezer from the FA has done a good job there. Looking inward they seem a very progressive outfit 

Potter is another that's doing okay at a small club where there aren't any expectations, and even then he isn't doing that well. We need to try something different from going for these types.

Just looked at the table and Brighton are two places above us, that's 15th, with a squad that they've been building with premier league money for three seasons. Why on earth we'd get rid of Smith to replace him with their manager I'm not sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Just looked at the table and Brighton are two places above us, that's 15th, with a squad that they've been building with premier league money for three seasons. Why on earth we'd get rid of Smith to replace him with their manager I'm not sure.

We won't be 17th even if we win tomorrow :D 

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Straight up changes the game. Managing your fitness and effort level throughout a game is such a key part of how football works. It'll no longer be the same game I grew up playing or watching, for shame 😔

Watch them try to keep the mid-game breaks in too... flukkers!

Not to outdo you, but I remember when there were no subs. 😀

• Like 2