Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

37 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Needed to beat sheff Utd in our game in hand, but no Smith was happy with a point 

not really Smith fault that Davis missed a sitter or two that game

• Like 3

Thats why you change your manager. Watford were going nowhere like us sacked him got Pearson in and it dont matter as long as he keeps them up.

We kept a ineffective out of his depth pl manager and now we have to go back down put all that hard work again to get back up. 

Smith and suso both to blame

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not really Smith fault that Davis missed a sitter or two that game

Well when we are relying on him to score we might aswell give up, he’s a bloody donkey in front of goal, I really don’t rate him at all

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats why you change your manager. Watford were going nowhere like us sacked him got Pearson in and it dont matter as long as he keeps them up.

We kept a ineffective out of his depth pl manager and now we have to go back down put all that hard work again to get back up. 

Smith and suso both to blame

before tonight we had won the same amount of games in 2020 so Pearson is not some genius

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Well when we are relying on him to score we might aswell give up, he’s a bloody donkey in front of goal, I really don’t rate him at all

was him or Samatta who has looked unfit since lockdown

Just now, Zatman said:

was him or Samatta who has looked unfit since lockdown

Surely archer, Barry should be looked at as they 2 have done nothing since the restart or if that desperate stick el ghazi up there as at least he has a shot

Just now, rbcuk said:

Surely archer, Barry should be looked at as they 2 have done nothing since the restart or if that desperate stick el ghazi up there as at least he has a shot

Ruin a young lads Villa career by throwing him into a relegation battle as our main striker and then see him being ripped apart by fans online if they are out of there depth

El Ghazi I agree with though ;) 

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

before tonight we had won the same amount of games in 2020 so Pearson is not some genius

If you ignore the best run of form he had with them, don't include today, and don't include draws we were doing almost as well, what a brilliant defence. If you only include games played on Boxing Day, we're doing much better than them.

Not only that, it's only true if you're  including cup games. We've got two league wins this calendar year. They've got 4 as of today. Our semi final win ain't going to help us stay up.

Edited by Davkaus

Was a slow death watch that, think I'd rather Watford have won 6-0. Knew as soon as Watford quickly got it back to 1-1 they'd win. Still a small chance but we are done if Watford win v Newcastle as then we'd need three wins to have a chance and that's not going to happen.

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Less time than smith with less money and kept them up.

that glosses over the starting position of that squad, its an established PL team

all I see in Watford is they were **** awful, they're still **** awful, they're staying up because 3 of us are even worse and next season with pearson there they'll probably be **** awful again

we have hard work in the championship but should at least be able to take a running jump at it next time, we have to build a squad and team that's capable of not only getting promoted but leaping over the likes of Watford and brighton and the other shit teams stuck in the just survive cycle of shit when we do, rather than a team that scrapes promotion and then needs a complete overhaul

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

that glosses over the starting position of that squad, its an established PL team

all I see in Watford is they were **** awful, they're still **** awful, they're staying up because 3 of us are even worse and next season with pearson there they'll probably be **** awful again

we have hard work in the championship but should at least be able to take a running jump at it next time, we have to build a squad and team that's capable of not only getting promoted but leaping over the likes of Watford and brighton and the other shit teams stuck in the just survive cycle of shit when we do, rather than a team that scrapes promotion and then needs a complete overhaul

I agree with that. When you look at sheff United team they are not a team with superstars but work extremely hard. They look like a team. We dont. We just rely on grealish coming up with something and hope for the best.

This along with smith unable to get the best out if what he has is whats cost us.

Need to sign a squad that is not reliant on one player player. We need a sqaud tahts good enough to challenge the likes of Watford if not better.

I mean it shows how crap we are when we cant even overtake a absolute woeful watford team. It shows how bad smith is foing and the squad here

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree with that. When you look at sheff United team they are not a team with superstars but work extremely hard. They look like a team. We dont. We just rely on grealish coming up with something and hope for the best.

This along with smith unable to get the best out if what he has is whats cost us.

Need to sign a squad that is not reliant on one player player. We need a sqaud tahts good enough to challenge the likes of Watford if not better.

I mean it shows how crap we are when we cant even overtake a absolute woeful watford team. It shows how bad smith is foing and the squad here

It really was the same last season.

Couldn't do anything without Jack.