Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

This is the exact type of games that will define a season and we have that relegation feeling around us.

Moral in the player group will be shot after that. There will always be that feeling in the back of our heads that at any moment we will f*** it up.

• Like 1

Cant keep using VAR injustices each and every week to paper over the cracks of Smith's weird decisions and player errors and overall bottling it all the sodding time. We need to change it up as the current system isnt working. We have a lot of potential, time to stand up and be counted and realise it. Otherwise we are down. 

It’s 6 games in a bit of over reaction about us being relegation fodder tbh. 

Positives we’re competitive 

Engels - good buy

Guilbert - good buy

jack & John can cut it at this level

Negatives

Elmo - just not good enough

Taylor, El Ghazi, Jota -  see above

movement in oppositions final third is poor as is the quality of our set pieces and crossing. 

Game management - abysmal sitting to deep not forcing teams to work more. 

Dean smith’s tactical nativity and reluctance to swap out mcginn or Jack. 

Smiths substitions 

overall more negative than good but we can survive here. We shouldn’t get on their back though

41 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Time to change this to the relegation thread 19/20 and stop pretending we’re not in a relegation battle. 

I think most people already knew we were in a relegation battle before the season started.

Nothing has changed, we’ll still end up finishing somewhere between 16-20th as 99% of us thought.

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

They’re below us in the table 😬

Not sure for how long that will last.

They got a last minute goal with a man less, their dressing room will be buzzing, Out dressing room will be shot after this.

I'm dreading the game against Burnley.

Edited by villalad21

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well premier league is fun isn't it?☹️

I **** hate it. It’s a joyless, pointless league in which we have no chance of competing at the top end.

We’ll spend the majority of our time battling against relegation which is **** tiresome & boring. We might have a season whereby we finish high enough to qualify for another pointless competition in the Europa League. Then we’ll have our season **** by playing in a totally bloated tournament, on Thursday nights, against peculiar teams in all sorts of ridiculous locations, which will then mess our season up enough that we’ll be back to square one of battling relegation again.

**** this league. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Today's result was a bad one, but it hasn't exacty come out of the blue, losing to Palace and Bournemouth and failing to beat a ten man West Ham team were even worse results for us, those are the games that we should be getting more points from meaning there would be less pressure on us in situations like today.

Next three games are huge. Not worth thinking about not being on 10 points at final whistle of Brighton game as we have Liverpool and Man. City straight after which is a long shot to even get a point out of those two.

One thing I would say it's still just about early in the season for the table not to be split into seperate divisions just yet. If we win v Burnley we move onto 7 points. Many teams in top half like Sheffield United and Man. United are on 8 points and both of those could easily lose their next prem fixture.

It's still very tight beyond top 2. However keep throwing away more games like today and we will be stuck in the bottom three I'm afraid. Wolves for example beat Watford at home and suddenly they're on 7 points and gradually moving up the table. We need to do the same, huge on Saturday even at this early stage.

Us and Newcastle look comfortably the worst teams in the league which is a shame.

I feel like the players are good enough actually. They aren't doing it though and the setup is wrong, the mindset is wrong.

Biggest issue is we're rushing everything when we've got the ball. McGinn and Grealish get tired around 60/70 mins because they're spending most of the first half sprinting forward or sprinting back. Crack that and I think we'll see returns.