Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

until you criticize the team for not winning at 6pm Sunday

Surely that is a "must win game for Smith"?

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today we have shown we can go away to a top team in a huge game and get a result. 

Need to take this forwards now into the league and start winning points against teams higher than us in the table.  We need to keep this formation, we look so much more solid and will help us to wins against lesser teams and snatched draws against better teams. 

A better striker and someone better than Luiz/Nakamba in the middle and hopefully someone better than Trezeguet out wide and we could really push on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Only went back 10 years or so but couldn’t see a team on 21 points after 21 games get relegated. I wonder if it’s ever happened since it became 20 teams. 

Was 5th place only 10 pts higher after 21?

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Unless Watford and Bournemouth draw or we somehow get result against City will be in relegation zone this weekend. Are people going to lose their minds over this?

Not me, Ive seen enough from the formation change and with any luck a useful signing or two and I fully believe we can do this. The city game won't be the defining marker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Only went back 10 years or so but couldn’t see a team on 21 points after 21 games get relegated. I wonder if it’s ever happened since it became 20 teams. 

Was any team just 1 point from safety on 21 points after 21 games? 

It's an odd season with the top teams losing left right and center other than plop. 

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Have a look at 10/11, I think Blackpool had about 25 points at this stage of the season, maybe more. SHA could well be another.

Here's actually the table

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9331248.stm

We were actually on same number of points as then and Darren Bent signed 10 days later. Similar points totals to this season and Blackpool went down on 39 points in the end.

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

West Ham losing a tough away game.

More of that to come for them in next two months. They have a nightmare away schedule.

Fabianski off injured too, leaving them with Martin or Randolph, I believe, for their tough run-in. 

• Like 1